mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4094 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male dangbert
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
sad Install

I installed sword-1.5.7 under my user (/home/user/sword-1.5.7) and then tried to open the Bibletime 1.4 rpm with Kpackage. I get dependency errors saying I must install Sword first and that libsword is also missing.

Followed the instructions on the sword page, what gives?

Thanks

Debsad
[Apr 20, 2005 9:18:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male bogdanm
Stranger

Romania
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
cool Re: Install

You've said:
I installed sword-1.5.7 under my user (/home/user/sword-1.5.7)
I don't really understand what have you done, so I think a log of the commands you've entered (and output of those, of course) would be great.

Anyway, if you've compiled the tar.gz distribution by yourself with ./configure && make && make install (last one with root access), and there was no error, then the libraries should be installed now on your system, but your rpm database should NOT be updated, and that is because the compilation process doesn't actually add a rpm to system, this causing the dependecy problems you have (the problem with KPackage).

You could try the following (as root) in a konsole:
[b]# rpm -i --nodeps BibleTime.x.y.z.rpm[/b]

where -i stands for install and nodeps for no dependencies. Remember: You should do that only if the dependency failure is only the CrossWire library (and that is because it is on your hard drive but not on rpm database). If something fails afterwards you can uninstall BibleTime rpm with:
[b]# rpm --erase BibleTime[/b]
But as you can guess, I don't recommend it wink .
I hope it helps.
[Apr 22, 2005 5:23:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread