mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4752 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male dnipro
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
easy english version

What is the version of bible time the most similar as NIV. This version was ok for me because it was very similar that the version in my native language. I don't was a version outdated like thou by with you because in the normal language you don't use thou and we don't learn that at school.
Is the ISV similar ?
----------------------------------------
=============================================
Christian radio and television portal
http://www.e-radiotv.org/en
[Apr 19, 2005 2:58:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male toi_li
Stranger

Re: easy english version

Word English Bible has the goal of being close to NIV. Search for WEB in Crosswire.org bible modules.
[Apr 21, 2005 4:33:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dnipro
Regular

Thanks I install right now the WEB bible.
----------------------------------------
=============================================
Christian radio and television portal
http://www.e-radiotv.org/en
[Apr 22, 2005 6:00:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

What is the version of bible time the most similar as NIV. This version was ok for me because it was very similar that the version in my native language. I don't was a version outdated like thou by with you because in the normal language you don't use thou and we don't learn that at school.
Is the ISV similar ?

The Bible in Basic English (BBE) is probably most similar to the NIV in terms of reading level.
[Apr 27, 2005 10:39:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Smurf
Regular

The BBE is nice, but I think the WEB is a better one, since it is based on the ASV of 1901. I use it beside the KJV and I think they are a nice combo.smile
[May 30, 2005 10:57:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread