mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9086 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male paulus
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
QPSword for Archos PMA400

I bought a Archos PMA400, and it looked like to be possible to run QPSword on it, but it doesn't work.

I found some good Informations: http://www.kevinboone.com/insidepma400.html. The problem seems to be the location of the conf-file and also the unability to edit it.

My biggest problem: I don't know anything about linux. What I could find is, that there is a difference to Zaurus.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you very much
paulus
[Apr 16, 2005 10:51:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male kakofonix
Stranger

Re: QPSword for Archos PMA400

I'm on the look out for a solution too. If any knows, please help!
[May 29, 2005 7:21:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male sara
Stranger

Canada
confused Re: QPSword for Archos PMA400

i am facing the same problem if there is any way that i can get the bible on my archos pma 400 please let me know!
[Aug 22, 2006 1:42:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male tony
Stranger

Re: QPSword for Archos PMA400

Hi, I have managed to install the qpsword and modules.
1. go to http://www.kevinboone.com/pma430_conversions.html and download the qpsword installer to the documents folder on your pma.
2. while your pma is connected to your computer via usb, find the system folder and create a new folder in that one and call it sword.
3. disconnect pma, then go to the installer in the documents folder and simply click on it to start it. it will load the qpsword and put an icon in your applications launch screen.
4. all you do now is download any modules and unzip them from your computer into the sword file on pma. then when you run qpsword it will find them.
5. If you want the net bible download the raw zip files from ftp://ftp.bible.org/sword/packages/rawzip/ you want the file nettext and netnotesfree .it is best to install the seperate textfile and notesfile as it works better than the one with both in ( called netfree) just unzip into sword folder
6. when using sword keep your stylus pressed on a empty part of the screen and a menu will popup giving options, to see other open books ie websters press show book

hope this is helpfull to someone, I have only just started using it so am learning. goodlook
[Feb 21, 2007 2:34:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread