mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3861 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Male Shamgar
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
What are Mandrake 10.1 RPM's for Bibletime?

What are the specific Mandrake 10.1 RPM's needed to install
the english version of Bibletime?
[Mar 12, 2005 6:39:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jansorg
Developer

Re: What are Mandrake 10.1 RPM's for Bibletime?

Hi,
you need the packages "sword" and "bibletime" to get an english BibleTime installation on MDK 10.1 Search in the archives of this forum where to get the Mandrake 10.1 packages you need. They're in Mandrake contrib.

Regards,
Joachim
[Mar 13, 2005 1:13:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Shamgar
Regular

I did do a search. I didn't find an answer to my question there or here. Also I have looked here:

http://miroir.cict.fr/Mandrake/official/10.1/SRPMS/contrib/

and they are not there, either. . . unless I don't know what to look for.
[Mar 14, 2005 12:41:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Shamgar
Regular

http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/cooker/cooker/i...ord-1.5.7a-1mdk.i586.html

http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/cooker/cooker/i...time-1.4.1-3mdk.i586.html

I presume these are the correct rpms.
[Mar 14, 2005 1:17:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Shamgar
Regular

No I guess they are not since MCC says that is not the correct sword. Let's see how many coasters have I made by now? 4?
[Mar 14, 2005 1:41:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jansorg
Developer

Hi,
you need the Mandrake 10.1 packages, the packages you found were for the development version of Mandrake (i.e. cooker). Have a look at
http://crosswire.org/forums/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=189#553
for expalantions how to install it and where to get the packages.

Joachim
[Mar 14, 2005 2:45:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Shamgar
Regular

Yeah, thanks for the advice. I started downloading a 24MB file according to the diriections given. I immediatley disconnected my internet and now the root passowrd has been changed so I can't access my Software Media Manager. I think I will skip bibletime until I get a direct link to the proper rpms that I can download outside of root. Too bad their isn't the wisdom to package these progams in a rpm format like Media Player or Star Office that not distribution specfic.
[Mar 16, 2005 10:20:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Shamgar
Regular

Oh, it appears that the package database is locked and not that my root password is changed.
[Mar 16, 2005 10:44:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jansorg
Developer

Hi,
I don't know what you downloaded but for Mandrake 10.1 you need to install these files:

ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/carroll.cac.psu.ed...etime-1.4.1-3mdk.i586.rpm
ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/carroll.cac.psu.ed...ord4-1.5.7a-1mdk.i586.rpm
ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/carroll.cac.psu.ed...word-1.5.7a-1mdk.i586.rpm

Joachim
[Mar 16, 2005 10:49:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Shamgar
Regular

Well with these files I have Bibletime installed on Mandrake 10.1. Just clicjk on each link and save to disk. Here is some help for those peole who can't install the bibles. This info sheet can be used to install the bibles on Mandrake 10.1
Suse9.1 Bibletime Install HowTo:

Download files from here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=954

Copy bibles from here:

http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModDisp.jsp?modType=Bibles

Burn onto disk and label: Suse9.1 Bibletime 1.4.1

From Disk marked Suse9.1 Bibletime 1.4.1 copy all files to /home/Your name/ Suse9.1 Bibletime (which you will create). You will extract each of these file in this order only! If not there will be a dependency warning and they will not install.

InstallFirst: sword-1.5.7-1.suse9.1.i586.rpm
InstallSecond: bibletime-1.4.1-1.suse9.1.i586.rpm
InstallThird: bibletime-i18n-1.4.1-1.suse9.1.i586.rpm

Right click on each file and select Actions/Install with Yast. the dialog to enter your password will come up. Enter password and click okay/enter. Yast will run a config screen. This will be repeated with each install. Next go to the bottom toolbar and right click on the toolbar. Click Add/Application Button/Applications/Bibletime 1.4.1 and an icon will appear.

Click the button and Sword Configuration – Bibletime will open. Next open a second the home directory and type in or cut paste from here “file:/home/Your name/.sword” This is where the next modules/files will be extracted.

open “modules-bible” and you will see a number of zip file (xxx.zip). Right click on each of these files and extract them with Ark. When Ark opens click the “Extract” icon and you will get a dialog asking where to extract (“Extract to”). Cut paste “file:/home/Your name/.sword” from the other open home directory and and place it in the “Extract to” window. Select “Files to be extracted -All”. Click “Okay”. Repeat with each selection. The same procedure is used with the “modules-reference”. Each module should be seen as you extract if you go to the
Sword Configuration – Bibletime/”Install/Update Module”/Connect to Source. When done click okay an Bibletime will statrt. You will probably need to shut down Bibletime after first start so program loads all modules. It should be fully functional!
[Mar 16, 2005 2:34:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread