mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5064 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male Shamgar
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Christian LiveCD

Has someone decided to make a Christian livecd with all the Sword/Bibletime/Gnome project applications on it yet? I am just suggesting, as I barley can get the programs installed myself.
[Mar 12, 2005 11:35:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jansorg
Developer

Re: Christian LiveCD

A live cd would be great but nobody started to do such a cd, yet.

Joachim
[Mar 13, 2005 1:14:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male toi_li
Stranger

Haven't tried it, but looks this is what you asked for

http://ichthiux.free.fr/

Ichthux 0.4.3

Released on 03/04/2005
Based on : KNOPPIX_V3.8-2005-02-28-CeBIT_Edition.iso
Default language : en
Iso size : 697.0 MB
>> Download iso <<
http://ichthiux.free.fr/wikini/wakka.php?wiki=DownloadPage
[Apr 21, 2005 4:30:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male helm
Stranger

There is Ubuntu Christian Edition which is a LiveCD with an Ubuntu base
[Oct 3, 2006 1:09:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Coburn
Regular

Has someone decided to make a Christian livecd with all the Sword/Bibletime/Gnome project applications on it yet? I am just suggesting, as I barley can get the programs installed myself.

I imagine Shamgar used an ox-goad because he was having trouble with the standard tools as well...

I often use the Windows Run CD off the ftp site, when I am away from home (where Gnomesword2 installed without a hitch from the Ubuntu repositories). It is a great tool, because you can use Sword on a work network computer alongside Word and whatever else you have going, and save any files you may create to personal media, and not disturb the network environment. As you might if you used a live CD and had to reboot your workstation.

I'd like to know, actually, what is the difficulty with making a Linux Run CD. Besides, of course, the fact that the computer you are using may not have all the dependencies you need. Just an idea, if somebody would be so kind, of what would be involved in setting it up, or why it's not something that's often done.
[Oct 25, 2006 9:01:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread