mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12426 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Male randycrook
Stranger

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
NKJV I would REALY like to see a NKJ module!!

I am a pastor and I had been using e-sword in my windows OS. I have recently gone 100% Linux using Ubuntu a Debian environment. I like gnomesword but am desperate to have the NKJ version of the Bible. I use the NKJ from the pulpit and it is my translation of preference. since e-sword has made this translation available I am assuming that it is of public domain. Is anyone working on a module for sword?
[Feb 17, 2005 3:09:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Re: NKJV I would REALY like to see a NKJ module!!

The New King James Version is most certainly not public domain. Nor is it available from the e-Sword.
[Feb 17, 2005 4:11:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Panik
Stranger

Point of correction on both.

The NKJV is available for e-sword. But for a nominal fee, and is not available in public domain. I use it on my PC.

I just switched from PC to Mac and am also very interested in getting the NKJV on MacSword.

Can non-free Bible translations be purchased for Macsword?
[Jan 8, 2009 7:07:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Yes, at some point in the last 4 years, since I wrote that, the NKJV has gone on sale for e-Sword through a 3rd party.

There are a few books for sale in Sword format and we hope to make more available in the future. Unfortunately, I don't believe there are any plans concerning the NKJV currently.
[Jan 8, 2009 11:02:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male poetfreak
Stranger

United States
confused Re: NKJV I would REALY like to see a NKJ module!!

I have this and the NIV in the eSword bbl format... can I convert them to standard sword modules so that I can use them on my Mac? my PC died...
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------
God Bless everyone, but please Lord, non windows users a bit more lol. :)
[Apr 23, 2009 9:06:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    poetfreak@hotmail.com [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male tim273
Stranger

I have this and the NIV in the eSword bbl format... can I convert them to standard sword modules so that I can use them on my Mac? my PC died...

I wish it were that easy, but e-Sword (at least the old version of e-Sword), used a password protected MS Access database format for its modules. Now I know the newest version has a completely new DB format.

Another option would be to use e-Sword with wine. There's a guide here on how to do it, but it's specific to Ubuntu (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=404042). I run both e-Sword on wine and Xiphos (was GnomeSword) at the same time.

I hope that helps.
Tim
[Nov 3, 2009 3:52:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male tim273
Stranger

One quick note on the above link, depending on what version of Ubuntu you have (if you have Ubuntu), you don't have to install the development verision of wine. That link is a bit outdated, you should just be able to install, the latest version of wine (1.0 I think) and it will work. Do some other Google searchs with "e-sword wine" and see what other results you get.

Tim
[Nov 3, 2009 3:55:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male tim273
Stranger

One more link:

http://www.gustason.com/2008/12/e-sword-on-ubuntu-linux/
[Nov 3, 2009 4:09:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread