mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4140 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Male ebgd7
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Looking for 1.5.8b tools binaries for Windows

Hello!
I'm still struggling with OSIS notes, and I want to check osis2mod on windows platform. I''ve noticed that 1.5.8b2 just arrived so if anyone could post a beta build of tools please?

TIA

Chris
[Feb 11, 2005 4:10:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male hermeneutes
Regular

Poland
Re: Looking for 1.5.8b tools binaries for Windows

I would like to ask for the same thing, with words of appreciation for all hard work the developers put in taking The Sword Project from 1.5.6 to 1.5.8

Piotr smile
[Feb 17, 2005 7:39:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    syntaxpb    217079784 [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male hermeneutes
Regular

Poland
Re: Looking for 1.5.8b tools binaries for Windows

Is it possible to compile the current version of osis2mod for windows from the cpp file found here:

https://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/utilities/osis2mod.cpp

?

If yes, what do I need to do that?

Will appreciate,

Piotr
[Feb 17, 2005 8:14:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    syntaxpb    217079784 [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male hermeneutes
Regular

Poland
Re: osis2mod.exe bug report

Hi,

I tried converting a piece of a book I once tagged with osis tags. The file was encoded in UTF-8 without the byte order mark.

osis2mod.exe always crashed at offset 00001dd8

I also tried converting a sample file found here: http://whi.wts.edu/OSIS/resources/Bible.en.CEV.1995.Ps.1

In the latter case I got the message "abnormal program termination". The module was created, but without text.

Any clues? Also, what is the meaning of the augment switch, i.e. 1?

Is osis2mod only for creating Bible modules or can it be used for other books as well?

Will appreciate.

Piotr
[Feb 18, 2005 8:46:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    syntaxpb    217079784 [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Copying announcement from other thread since I didn't remember this thread was posted in the wrong forum. (It's moved to the correct forum now.)

osis2mod is now available at : http://crosswire.org/ftpmirror/pub/sword/utils/win32/

You will also need icudt28l.dll, which is in a zip in the same directory. The other exes on the site are also updated.

Please report bugs to us at sword-support@cosswire.org
Also, please make sure you're trying to import valid OSIS. Please use a validator to check against the current schema. Thanks!
[Feb 18, 2005 7:45:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

I tried converting a piece of a book I once tagged with osis tags. The file was encoded in UTF-8 without the byte order mark.

osis2mod.exe always crashed at offset 00001dd8

I also tried converting a sample file found here: http://whi.wts.edu/OSIS/resources/Bible.en.CEV.1995.Ps.1

In the latter case I got the message "abnormal program termination". The module was created, but without text.

I have no idea about the first problem you mention since I have no details.

The example text from whi.wts.edu probably won't import correctly because it varies in significant ways from what we expect OSIS to look like. The abnormal program terminiation is corrected by changing all of the single-quote attributes to the more standard double-quotes. Changing this allows the text to be imported correctly, I think.

I don't think we are likely to support single-quoted attributes because the XML parser we use in the importer is used internal to the library and we would not want to slow down the library to handle an unusual case.

Any clues? Also, what is the meaning of the augment switch, i.e. 1?

If you want to create a new module from scratch use 0 or leave the last argument off. If you want to augment an existing module, use 1. You will almost always want to just leave this argument out.

Is osis2mod only for creating Bible modules or can it be used for other books as well?

Only Bibles, though commentaries encoded like Bibles will work fine too. GenBooks can be compiled using xml2gbs.
[Feb 18, 2005 8:08:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male hermeneutes
Regular

Poland

Thanks Osk for the explanations.

I'm gonna keep on learning. :)

Piotr
[Feb 19, 2005 2:30:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    syntaxpb    217079784 [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male hermeneutes
Regular

Poland
Re: osis validator

What validator do you recommend to use on Windows?

Thanks,

Piotr
[Feb 19, 2005 2:33:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    syntaxpb    217079784 [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread