mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 67376 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Male ebgd7
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused OSIS import creates general book, not bible

Hi!
I am doing the conversion of NWT version from html pages to osis. Right now the problem is that althou the module imports correctly (generates module without problems) the resulting module appears in 'general books' in sword not in 'bibles'. Is there a special osis tag that should be used to correct this behaviour?

and second problem. Can anyone direct me to a place where i could find the differences in versifcation between KJV and NWT?

Greetings
[Jan 8, 2005 12:08:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ebgd7
Regular

confused OSIS import creates general book, not bible

I forgot to post the osis header - that might help in finding where the problem is:
-----
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<osis xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.bibletechnologies.net/osisCore.1.1.1.xsd">
<osisText osisIDWork="NWT" osisRefWork="Bible">
<header>
<work osisWork="NWT">
<title>New World Translation</title>
<identifier type="OSIS">Bible.NWT</identifier>
<language>en</language>
<refSystem>Bible.KJV</refSystem>
</work>
<work osisWork="Bible">
<refSystem>Bible.KJV</refSystem>
</work>
</header>
<div type="Old Testament" osisID="ot">
<div type="book" osisID="Gen">
<div type="chapter" osisID="Gen.1" >
<verse osisID="Bible:Gen.1.1">
In [the] beginning God created.......
---------------------
Any suggestons/
[Jan 8, 2005 12:25:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ebgd7
Regular

Re: OSIS import creates general book, not bible

So it really looks like 'self support forum' :-) as I've found solution myself. Sword simply disallows to import osis bibles in pure osis format as the only tool available xml2gbs creates general book which appears in the different part of the window.
In my case the solution was to generate imp file in aparalell with .osis file and using imp2vs to generate bible module. Inside imp file the verses were tagged with osis tags.
[Jan 11, 2005 2:12:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jansorg
Developer

The tool osis2mod creates a Bible from an OSIS XML source file. I'm not sure at the moment if the tool is available on Windows.

Joachim
[Jan 11, 2005 3:17:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ebgd7
Regular

The tool osis2mod creates a Bible from an OSIS XML source file. I'm not sure at the moment if the tool is available on Windows.

Joachim

You were right Joachim, this tool is simply not available on Windows - otherwise I'll not waste time creating .imp file ;-) I simply didn't know it existed. Thank You for the information
[Jan 11, 2005 4:01:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male hamletmun
Stranger

Argentina

How are you, ebgd7?
If you send me your NWT osis xml, I'll convert it for you.
I'm using gnomesword in linux, so already have osis2mod installed.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hamletmun at Feb 3, 2005 3:24:23 PM]
[Feb 3, 2005 2:57:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    hamletmun    hamletmun    16821252    hamletmun@hotmail.com [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ebgd7
Regular

smile Re: OSIS import creates general book, not bible

How are you, ebgd7?
If you send me your NWT osis xml, I'll convert it for you.
I'm using gnomesword in linux, so already have osis2mod installed.

Thank You for Your generous offer. The bible module I'm currently working on needs a lot of work - especially proof-reading and KJV verse tuning so It will take considerable amoun t of time (half a year at least if noone will help me) - I hope that during this time new version of Sword for Windows will finally surface :-)
I'm working on the Polish Bible that is already available (New Testament) in the Sword Project. My addition is inclusion of footnotes and references and also addition of Old Testament. And Yes we have the copyright owner permission (hooray!!).

Right now I'm simply generating IMP files with OSIS markup and it works althou maybe not perfectly.
Greetings!
[Feb 7, 2005 2:02:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Thank You for Your generous offer. The bible module I'm currently working on needs a lot of work - especially proof-reading and KJV verse tuning so It will take considerable amoun t of time (half a year at least if noone will help me)

Just a note: you should never ever change the versification, especially if you plan to submit a module to CrossWire for posting. Versification is handled automatically inside of osis2mod, imp2vs, etc. Doing manual re-versification ruins a Bible so that it is not usable by us in the future, when we add support for multiple versifications.
[Feb 7, 2005 3:31:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male hamletmun
Stranger

Argentina
NWT source

Did you get the NWT text file from the WTLIB?
If you can help me, maybe I can extract the bible from my Korean and Spanish WTLIB03.
[Feb 7, 2005 4:18:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    hamletmun    hamletmun    16821252    hamletmun@hotmail.com [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ebgd7
Regular

osk: of course You are right, it should not be done but:
- Polish Biblie Gdanska available from polish sword project pages was hand re-versified to KJV last year to make it useable in sword
- althou it is possible and highly desirable that new sword version handling multiple versification systems / apocrypha will emerge within lets say 6 months, the only other possibility is verse hand tuning to KJV and using currend sword version (I use only windows version). There are something like 300 versification differences between KJV and Polish bible thou.
As I'm working on the OSIS file I'll retain the original file with original versification, and do the hand-tuning unless new sword version will be available. Right now I've finished the automatic conversion based on html sources and I;ll begin the time consuming proofreading and formatting against printed original.
hamletmun: no, the source of NWT-sword was the html pages available at watchtower site .
Greetings
[Feb 7, 2005 2:17:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread