mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 65942 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Male Osk
Developer

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: OSIS import creates general book, not bible

osis2mod will happily import any OSIS Bible, regardless of its versification. All verses will be incorporated in a systematic way (by adding them to the previous valid verse). This is honestly the best way to do modules because front-ends have the option of printing verse tags internal to the verse (which are maintained by osis2mod). You won't be able to reference or select non-KJV verses directly, but they will be displayed and they can have their verse numbers displayed in frontends that support this option.

osis2mod does not currently like deuterocanonical books, though. We might handle that somehow before we release the final 1.5.8 version of osis2mod, but currently it will try to add deuterocanonicals into Revelation. To import a Bible that has deuterocanonicals, you need to delete the deuterocanonicals from the OSIS file first.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Osk at Feb 18, 2005 2:02:59 AM]
[Feb 18, 2005 2:01:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Re: OSIS import creates general book, not bible

osis2mod is now available at : http://crosswire.org/ftpmirror/pub/sword/utils/win32/

You will also need icudt28l.dll, which is in a zip in the same directory. The other exes on the site are also updated.

Please report bugs to us at sword-support@cosswire.org
Also, please make sure you're trying to import valid OSIS. I looked at the OSIS in the second message in this thread and I can see that it isn't validated. Please use a validator to check against the current schema. Thanks!
[Feb 18, 2005 2:08:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ebgd7
Regular

biggrin Re: OSIS import creates general book, not bible

OSK: THANK YOU
osis2mod was really the tool I was waiting for. Thank You for Your advice on deuterocanon (first run was a suprise for me - so much landed in The Revelation blushing ). The version of automated reversification is ok for now. I hope BibleCS would display this 'internal verse numbers' also. Pershaps in the future some other way can be implemented (maybe something like in CCEL ?).
I'm really happy to read, that import of deuterocanonical books is on the schedule on 1.5.8 version - this is indeed great news for Polish Sword community!

Also true about the validation. The xml was not yet validated and I'll do it ASAP.

THANK YOU!!
[Feb 19, 2005 6:58:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread