mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 1
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5141 times and has 0 replies Next Thread
Male evangelinux
Regular

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Christian FOSS News Site

Some of you may know that I have been actively involved in FOSS advocacy efforts. Aside from publishing booklets & articles, I have been actively involved in a few forums & listservs for Christians who use free and open source software. We are working collaboratively to bring a news site to the table, which will be hosted by OS Ministry.com. As all of us on the various sites consider the Crosswire/Sword community to be an invaluable resource for Christians, I would like to invite the Sword community to help bring the news site together.

OS Ministry will be a place where the Crosswire/Sword projects - and others, fo course, can announce new releases, bugfixes, etc. We plan to offer interviews of Christians in the FOSS community, reviews of software pertinent to Christians & ministries, how-tos to help newbies, and even some op/ed stuff to help the church engage in discussion of FOSS issues as they pertain to the unversal Church.

A planning forum has been created at www.osministry.com to facilitate planning. You will need to register to participate, as the planning process is not open to the general public as yet. This effort is recent and represents the collaboration of folks from at least five different sites on the web. Anyone with PR, graphics, and editing experience is encouraged to join the fun.

Hope to see you there,
Don
[Dec 20, 2004 1:31:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread