mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3629 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male STEMPublishing
Stranger

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
making my material freely available on the web

Please excuse my asking questions before I have trawled though all the info that you have made available anyway . . .
If anyone likes to look at my website you will see what I do.
WWW.STEMPublishing.com
I have 5,000 articles (many of them full books) which are Bible teaching from a 'brethren' background - the complete writings of such authors such as Darby Kelly, Mackintosh etc - 20 in total. These have been made available for the last ten years on CD-ROMs. However I am VERY seriously considering making them freely available on the web, because the administration of the CDs takes too much time and requires me to charge for the material - and of course the many other good reasons which you all know for free distribution on the web.
I have been using (very acceptably) the search engine ISYS (WWW.ISYSDEV.COM). This is limited to Win. The two great advantages of their system are 1) ease of origination 2) ease of user search down to the highlighting of / jumping to the search terms within the articles.
Commercially I have only discovered packages which will cost £1000's to do this on the web.
the articles are in HTML - though a little rough :-(

Will Sword Project be able to do this?
Are there other systems which would be applicable?
Thanks, and apologies for asking for you to shortcut my research.
In Christ, Les Hodgett.
[Dec 6, 2004 8:21:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male scribe
Strange

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: making my material freely available on the web

Les,
Have a look at http://crosswire.org/study/
This is our first attempt at making a web interface to the sword project. I'm not sure if it will meet your needs, but maybe with only minor improvements?
[Dec 8, 2004 5:14:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    scribe777_2000    scribe777    119107 [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread