mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3544 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male evangelinux
Regular

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Anyone in the Carolinas?

I'm curious to know if there are any Sword users in the Carolinas (or even Southern VA)? A group of Christians who use FOSS will be gathering in the Charlotte, NC area on either the 22nd or 29th for lunch - most likely around the I-85/I-77 interchange. We'll meet at someplace like Denny's, Shoney's, or local barbecue house - don't want to break wallets. :)

Our purpose is twofold:
<> Meet & get to know each other
<> Discuss FOSS in the Church (generally, speaking)

If you're interested, let me know.

DCP
[Nov 30, 2004 10:11:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male evangelinux
Regular

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Anyone in the Carolinas?

This luncheon is now scheduled as follows:

EVENT: The Freely Luncheon
DATE: 22 Jan 2005
TIME: Noon - 2:00 PM
PLACE: Bubba's Barbecue 440 Sunset Road Charlotte, NC 28216
LUNCH: $7 or more (depending on your budget)

TOPICS:
<> FOSS Advocacy at the local level
<> Establishing Local technical support networks for ministries (using FOSS platform)

Thus far, dozen or so people will becoming from Greenville, SC and other parts of NC to attend. A summary will be made available afterward at The Freely Project's website, and probably also at Open Source Ministry.

Apparently some are interested in a similar event in the No. Florida/So. Georgia area. Interested folks could check out either Freely or OSMinistry.
[Dec 31, 2004 3:54:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread