mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4725 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male Mark4

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
smile Re: moving mods.d

Hello,

I've finally got gnomesword2-2.0.0 up and running, but without the commentaries, bible and dictionaries.:

if I do the following command:

$ gnomesword2 the program loads without the modules.

If I use this command:

$ cd /home/name/Dls/gnomesword2-2.0.0 and then
$gnomesword2 it loads the modules and everything is fine.

My question:

How do I move "mods.d" from /gnomesword2-2.0.0 too /usr/share/sword I've tried everything and it doesn't work.

God Bless
[Oct 29, 2004 1:39:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Coburn
Regular

Re: moving mods.d

Yeah, I've got a similar problem

I installed GS on my Ubuntu sys and then added other user accounts. They don't have the new modules I downloaded.

Plus the update manager won't find them in my filesystem.

I would have to download them again, as it now stands--and I have 28k dialup!

I guess I will go under the hood again.....confused
[Sep 12, 2006 5:26:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male karl
Regular

Re: moving mods.d

I installed GS on my Ubuntu sys and then added other user accounts. They don't have the new modules I downloaded.

GS' install manager (which just uses sword's installmgr under the hood) puts newly-downloaded items in ~/.sword. Simply move them to /usr/share/sword (or wherever /etc/sword.conf indicates) and everyone on the system should be able to find them.

Alternatively, symlink /usr/share/sword/mods.d to ~/.sword/mods.d and /usr/share/sword/modules to ~/.sword/modules, and you'll get the same effect.

Be careful to set open-readable perms, of course.
----------------------------------------
Project Admin, Xiphos
[Sep 14, 2006 3:43:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    karlkleinpaste    karlkleinpaste [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread