mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4396 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male The_Areopagite
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Peshitto

The Peshitto module displays itself in the program window as strings of squares. I'm not sure why this is. The other Hebrew modules display with Hebrew characters.

For some reason, the program isn't interpreting the Hebrew characters of the Peshitto like it should.

Does anyone know why this may be?

When I downloaded the modules, I downloaded them as zip-files into a folder; then unzipped them into their own folder. I then clicked "setup.exe" in each, and a Dos window ran through the installation which terminated with "Installation successful".

This is probably not the standard way of downloading (I did not use the Install Manager). Could this be the reason? If so, I wonder why the other Hebrew modules still worked properly?
[Oct 28, 2004 4:56:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Re: Peshitto

The Peshitta is not in the Hebrew language or written in the Hebrew script. It is the Aramaic language, written in Syriac script.

If you are using Windows XP, I think there is a way to install Syriac support through the OS. Otherwise, you will need to install 3rd party Syriac fonts (e.g. the Meltho fonts from http://www.bethmardutho.org/meltho/) and set the preferences of the Peshitta module to use whichever font you decide to use.
[Nov 3, 2004 12:44:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male The_Areopagite
Stranger

Excellent. I have downloaded the font. Now, I don't suppose I could trouble you once more; but I am having difficulty setting the module preferences. Could you possibly point me in the right direction?

Infinite thanks.
[Nov 5, 2004 3:45:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male The_Areopagite
Stranger

Ah, I see how to do it. Strike that last request. Thanks for the help.
[Nov 5, 2004 7:36:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread