mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6007 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male X4Ivan

Russia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Armenian Bible translation

Are there plans to produce an Armenian Bible module for the Sword project? It would really be a blessing to us in our work.
Thanks for all you do.
Mel
[Sep 7, 2004 9:07:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male X4Ivan

Russia
Re: Armenian Bible translation

I just learned that the Bible Society has an Armenian Bible available for download as a .pdf file. Do I need to do anything to officially request that someone produce the modle? I simply don't know how to produce a module for the project myself. Here is the site where you can download the .pdf:
http://www.biblesociety.org.lb/bible/bible_armenian.html
Mel
[Sep 8, 2004 7:16:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

We would need permission from the Lebanese Bible Society (or whoever owns the copyright to this translation) in order to distribute this translation.
[Sep 8, 2004 10:29:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male X4Ivan

Russia

I took the liberty to contact the Lebanese Bible Society. I will paste a copy of the email I received in response. He is asking for more information about the proposed usage that I cannot answer! Please advise how to respond and / or what to do from here.
Thanks.
Mel

To: Mel Skinner <melski@everyheart.net>
Subject: Re: Armenian Bible translation
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:34:44 +0300

Dear Mel,

Greetings from Beirut. Your email was forwarded to me. We own the copyright for the Western Armenian text that you saw on our website. You will need to send me more details about the proposed usage of this text so that we can consider granting the permission.

Best wishes,
Mike

Michael G Bassous
Executive Director & Acting General Secretary
Bible Society - Lebanon, Syria & Iraq
P. O. Box 11-0747, Riad El Solh 1107 2060
Bible Society Center, Bouchrieh, Beirut - Lebanon
Tel: +961-(0)1-902020, Fax: +961-(0)1-902010
Information Website: www.biblesociety.org.lb
Biblical Resources Website: www.elkalima.com
----- Original Message -----
To: bsl@biblesociety.org.lb
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 6:35 AM
Subject: Armenian Bible translation

Hello,
I am interested in producing a Armenian Bible module for the Sword Project (open source) Bible study program for the Linux operating system. I noticed on your web page that you have a downloadable .pdf file of the Armenian Bible. Please tell me who owns the copyright to the translation and who I need to contact to receive permission to distribute this translation.
Thank you, in advance for your help.
Sincerely,
Mel Skinner
[Sep 23, 2004 6:58:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread