mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4112 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male X4Ivan

Russia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
problem with Russian translation

I am running Mandrake 9.2 and have installed GnomeSword 0.7.9. The program, dictionaries, commentaries, etc seem to be working well except for a few glitches. Some of the translations just have verse numbers listed rather than the verse. Russian Bible translations have a line where words should be.
Any help rectifying these problems (especially with the Russian text) would be GREATLY appreciated.
Mel
[Sep 3, 2004 8:42:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male terry
Stranger

USA
Re: problem with Russian translation

sounds like a font problem.
----------------------------------------
GnomeSword Developer
[Sep 4, 2004 11:22:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male X4Ivan

Russia

I used the KDE control panel and changed ALL my system fonts to ones that I am confident works with Russian characters. I know it is possible to change the font size and color on Gnome Sword, but is there some way to cange the font that is used to read text?
Thank you for your help.
Mel
[Sep 4, 2004 8:46:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male X4Ivan

Russia

Forgive me for asking about changing fonts in Gnome Sword before exploring further! I opened the module, right clicked and changed the font to one that works with cyrillic characters. Also experimented with several different styles that work with cyrillic character. No help. Same problem.

The problem more specifically is with 5 modules: JPS has verse #s only, RNKJV lists all "names" as a line, RST has lines instead of words, RusMakarij has verse #s only, and RusVzh has lines intead of words.

I'm sorry to be a pill. Thanks for any help.

Mel
[Sep 4, 2004 9:13:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread