mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3555 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Male COGClerk01
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Can't get Bibletime working on Fedora Core 2

Hey all,

I've been struggling with this a few days, and I really need some help. Here is the paths I've tried:

1) I thought, "The core 1 rpms may work for me (I couldn't find any core 2 rpms).". I installed them and got Bibletime to come up. However, anytime I tried to access a module, Bibletime just died. I even downloaded the new KJV module (my other modules are older), but I had the same result.

2) Okay, I'm going to build it from scratch, so I downloaded sword-1.5.7 and bibletime-1.4.1 sources and built them. I was doing this on a laptop with about 4GB of harddrive space, so I selectively added *devel* rpms until everything configured and built happily. Now, if I try to run Bibletime, to toolbar icon spins for a bit, then goes away. Bibletime never actually comes up.

Thanks in advance! smile
Dan
[Jul 14, 2004 7:58:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jansorg
Developer

Re: Can't get Bibletime working on Fedora Core 2

Hi,

what does BibleTime say when you enter "bibletime" in a konsole window (e.g. ALT+F2 and enter "konsole" to get a terminal)?

Joachim
[Jul 15, 2004 3:07:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male COGClerk01
Stranger

I just get a SEGMENTATION FAULT with no traceback. I may have compiled it without debug enabled to conserve space.

Dan
[Jul 15, 2004 5:01:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jansorg
Developer

smile Re: Can't get Bibletime working on Fedora Core 2

No other messages?

Strange, that it crashes. I thought it's stable sad
What modules are installed?
Is it an update or the first install of BibleTime?

How did you install Sword?
[Jul 15, 2004 9:06:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male COGClerk01
Stranger

No other messages?

Strange, that it crashes. I thought it's stable sad
What modules are installed?
Is it an update or the first install of BibleTime?

How did you install Sword?

1) It's a first-time install.
2) I built and installed Sword from source.

Dan
[Jul 15, 2004 5:43:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male COGClerk01
Stranger

Well, to bring closure to this thread, here's what I've done:

I compiled the source for Sword and BIbletime on my RedHat 9 desktop, and everything went smoothly. RedHat 9 was my "stake-in-the-ground" for my desktop and laptop, but I thought I try Fedora Core 2 on my laptop to try out a 2.6 kernel distribution. After all things considered, I'm going back to RedHat 9 on my laptop, since it suits my needs better. Thanks for your help!

Dan smile
[Jul 17, 2004 11:51:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread