mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3909 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male christianliberty
Stranger

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
shock Don't know how to install Sword modules (Zip)with bibletime?????

Can anyone help me with instructions how to install the raw zip files
of the Sword modules I downloaded.

The installation manager in the latest Bible time 1.4 doesn't recognize then, neither install them.

What shall I do?????
[Jul 7, 2004 2:01:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jansorg
Developer

Re: Don't know how to install Sword modules (Zip)with bibletime?????

Just do a
mkdir $HOME/.sword
cd $HOME/.sword
unzip module.zip

or unzip them all into a dir and then use BT to install the modules (you have to add a local source location in the install mgr).

Joachim
[Jul 7, 2004 7:23:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male CIB
Stranger

Re: Don't know how to install Sword modules (Zip)with bibletime?????

Hello,

I had the same problem when I installed both Sword and Bibletime 2 days ago. I just could not install the modules. Then I saw this thread and the solution that Joachim suggested worked for me. Here is what I did in detail:
My home directory is /home/cristian. I put the module kjv.zip in /home/cristian/Modules. Then I tried to mkdir /home/cristian/.sword like Joachim said but it told me that directory already exists. Then I just changed to this directory cd /home/cristian/.sword. Then when I was in this directory I unzipped the module like Joachim said with unzip /home/cristian/Modules/kjv.zip. After this I used the Bible time install manager to install the module and I selected a local resource as /home/cristian (nothging more than that) and this time it actually found the module. I installed it and it gave me some kind of error but when I opened Bibletime it seems to work fine and I can use the kjv bible. I installed even more modules this way they seem to work fine. Previously I was trying to unzip the modules in /usr/share/sword and the install manager did not see them. Thanks Joachim.

Cristian
[Jul 8, 2004 7:20:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread