mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4858 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male Darius

Brazil
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Bug with windows95 & other little things

"The Sword Project" is an excellent piece of software! It even impressed my pastor - a korean presbyterian missionaire here in Brazil -, and now he is distributing it among his missionaire friends...

But something weird happened: when using it with an old pentium166 with korean Win95 (that was gathering dust in my church), it does not display text from non-romanized modules (e.g., the korean bible doesn't display correctly in the korean win95! - only a bunch of ???'s appear). This problem doesn't occurs with korean winXP (haven't tested with other korean OS')

The other little things are: how do we submit a software translation correction? or how do we submit a new software translation?

Concerning the former, I've spotted some incorrections with the brazillian portuguese translation (which I've already corrected in my computer), and I'd like to report them... BTW, in the brazillian Win98, the chapter header - which stands for the translated word "cap´┐Żtulo" ["chapter", in portuguese] - is not displaying correctly, some issue with the graphic tone signal, I think.

Concerning the latter, a friend of mine is helping me finish a korean translation of the software (thanks to the .conf files!), and we would like to release it, too - but we doesn't have much spare time, so we are not willing to formally join Sword Project's voluntaries by now...

P.S.: And there goes a suggestion from my pastor: isn't it possible to get more biblical texts to show at the "Parallel" module? maybe a customizable tool, that would allow us to put as many Bibles dasplaying in parallel as we want...
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Darius at Jul 3, 2004 6:53:53 AM]
[Jul 3, 2004 6:47:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male SeminaryLEPC
Regular

Mainland China
Re: Bug with windows95 & other little things

With Windows 95, foreign language support is more than difficult.
You may be better off with a Korean version of Windows 98. If you can't find one, contact me personally at <redacted>@aol.com - I will be able to mail you a CD-ROM with Korean Windows 98 version.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Osk at Jul 6, 2004 1:13:05 AM]
[Jul 4, 2004 3:28:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Re: Bug with windows95 & other little things

"The Sword Project" is an excellent piece of software! It even impressed my pastor - a korean presbyterian missionaire here in Brazil -, and now he is distributing it among his missionaire friends...

But something weird happened: when using it with an old pentium166 with korean Win95 (that was gathering dust in my church), it does not display text from non-romanized modules (e.g., the korean bible doesn't display correctly in the korean win95! - only a bunch of ???'s appear). This problem doesn't occurs with korean winXP (haven't tested with other korean OS')

If you see ???'s, it means you don't have a font installed to display the module correctly. In Windows, you can usually get font support working by going to the international options control panel and installing language support for the language you need. You would think that Korean Windows has Korean support already installed, but it may not have Unicode fonts installed correctly, so it is still worthwhile to try the control panel.

If that fails, you can also install a general purpose font with lots of characters, like Code2000, and manually set the font for the Korean module using the preferences menu in the SWORD Project.

The other little things are: how do we submit a software translation correction? or how do we submit a new software translation?

Email them to sword-support@crosswire.org.
[Jul 6, 2004 1:21:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread