mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 461 times and has 2 replies
Male abishur

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Import Bible from other programs?

Is it possible to use Bible translations from other programs and if so how? I own a copy of Quickverse which uses the STEP format (I think), I see that listed as a standard over on the developer side and I would like to make use of that format to use the translations available in it for my own personal use.

How do I go about importing the Bible text into the sword engine?
[Oct 10, 2013 4:31:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Re: Import Bible from other programs?

No one supports STEP anymore, including us. We're unfortunately unable to offer assistance in converting content from other Bible software to our format since it would generally involve violation of copyright or other licensing.
[Oct 20, 2013 12:41:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male abishur

Re: Import Bible from other programs?

Yeah, I did eventually find a step translator, but the Bible were not stored in the format that it was expecting so it failed. I've just manually been copying/pasting the contents. Fortunately for me this software was designed for Windows 3.1 and contains no verbiage limiting me from doing exactly that.

It is disappointing that Bible software suites prevent you from copying it to another program provided it is for your own personal use. Can you imagine if they tried to do that with a physical Bible? LOL, "I'm sorry you can't use this Bible at your house, you purchased it for Church use"
[Oct 21, 2013 1:08:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread