mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2364 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male janthenat
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to get v1.4.2?

Any idea how I can get my hands on the PocketSword iOS app v1.4.2?  I have an older iPod Touch... er, make that the oldest iPod Touch (1g) and it can only run iOS 3.x.  The last version of PocketSword that worked was v1.4.2.

Any place to download it?

Thanks.
[Oct 5, 2013 12:10:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Re: How to get v1.4.2?

Hi there,

With changes to the iOS App Store in the last couple of months, if you try to download PocketSword from the App Store it should automatically determine the latest version that you can use on your device, and so it should download 1.4.2 for you. If you already have PS installed, you may have to delete it and reinstall it from the App Store for it to download the right version for you!

I hope that helps, and please let me know if that works, because if it doesn't, then I'll try to look into it further for you! :)

Thanks, ybic
nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Oct 7, 2013 11:03:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male janthenat
Stranger

Thanks for the tip...

I tried just installing from the app store and I'm presented the message "This app requires iOS 4.3 or newer."

As you mentioned I was under the impression the app store would figure out which version to give me.

What's our next step?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by janthenat at Oct 10, 2013 4:25:05 AM]
[Oct 10, 2013 4:21:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

I'll have to look into it, but I believe I have set everything right for it to be able to work. I'll try to find my old (1st Gen) iPod touch and see what happens. :)
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Oct 14, 2013 10:44:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread