mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 878 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male pete
Regular

Cymru (Wales)
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
[SOLVED] search in xiphos

I have tried without success to search for a single word , for example I searched for the word

fool and I got not only fool but foolish . Is there a way to find just the word one asks for ?

Any help would be be most welcome

Pete.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by pete at Sep 7, 2013 1:53:15 AM]
[Sep 6, 2013 8:47:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male karl
Regular

Re: search in xiphos

for example I searched for the word fool and I got not only fool but foolish

The sidebar search attempts to use optimized ("lucene") searches, but in the absence of the tokenized index needed for lucene, it silently falls back to simple search. The result is that the simple search is a trivial linear search for the word offered, preceded by whitespace or punctuation, and so it does indeed find anything that stems out of "fool."

To get the effect desired, open the module manager, go to the maintenance page, and create the index for the module(s) in question; then optimized search will find exactly just "fool" due to lucene's use of the tokenized index. Optionally, with optimized/lucene search, you can get the effect of the original search using "fool*" as a wildcard tail on the stem.

The advanced search window is more explicit about telling you when it is falling back to simple search.

--karl
----------------------------------------
Project Admin, Xiphos
[Sep 6, 2013 2:45:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    karlkleinpaste    karlkleinpaste [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male pete
Regular

Cymru (Wales)
[SOLVED] Re: search in xiphos

Karl,

Many thanks for your help, it's fine now.

Pete.
[Sep 7, 2013 1:50:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread