mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 15466 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Male pete
Regular

Cymru (Wales)
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Bibletime and xiphos on android tablets

I know nothing about tablets , all I do is run linux on an old laptop.
I use xiphos and used to be able to get bibletime .

I'm thinking of getting a tablet , I was told asus have a good one ( AND a high price too)

BUT the question is ,on androids does one get a full bibletme and xiphos or

just a cut down versions ?

I would be very grateful to hear your comments .
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by pete at Jul 25, 2013 9:34:32 AM]
[Jul 25, 2013 3:13:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Re: Bibletime and xiphos on android tablets

Android is not supported by either Xiphos or BibleTime.

There is an Android app called and-bible, which uses JSword and provides many of the same capabilities. You can preview it at https://code.google.com/p/and-bible/ and find the app in the Google Play store.
[Jul 26, 2013 1:46:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male pete
Regular

Cymru (Wales)

Many thanks for your help Osk.

Do you think I would have more luck with a chromebook ?
[Jul 26, 2013 4:54:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male karl
Regular

Xiphos is completely dependent on WebKit, GTK, and related software toolkits, readily available for Linux/UNIX systems as well as Windows. But other platforms do not provide such toolkits, so tablets and chromebooks cannot expect to be supported.

Similar thoughts apply to BibleTime, though I know fewer technical details, but it has similar tookit requirements, not found on tablets and such.
----------------------------------------
Project Admin, Xiphos
[Jul 27, 2013 9:40:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    karlkleinpaste    karlkleinpaste [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male pete
Regular

Cymru (Wales)

Many thanks karl for your response it looks as though i'll

have to find a standard laptop with linux on it .

Unless , i've just thought of this , i lnstall a live distro

with persistence onto a usb stick , install the additional

programmes on to the stick and plug it into a chromebook,

just using chromebook's hardware ,i know it would be a

compromise , but would that work ?
[Jul 27, 2013 10:04:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Female amelieadam
Stranger

Does anyone have an Android tablet? I just got my new Archos 70 Internet Tablet 250GB. I'm looking for Bible apps that run smoothly on my Archos.
[Sep 12, 2013 5:43:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jarinahpel

pakistan

These are very valid questions to ask about the best selling book in the world. For those who may be making their first Bible purchase, all the choices available can be overwhelming.
[Sep 14, 2013 11:45:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Female joleyjames123
Stranger

I just got my new Archos 70 Internet Tablet 250GB. ... A future goal is to be able to download from Xiphos.
[Sep 18, 2013 6:57:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male certesre
Stranger

BibleTime Mini for Android download here or here
[Sep 19, 2013 8:20:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread