mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9884 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male teezee
Stranger

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Bibletime and qtwebkit 2.3

I use Korora 18 based on Fedora 18. I have kde 4.10.2 installed on my machine (32-bit). I upgraded to qtwebkit 2.3 and bibletime was no longer displaying any bibles or text. In yum I downgraded to qtwebkit 2.2 and everything is working again.

Hope this helps someone out there because I had to find this out for myself and isolate the problem. Nothing was on the internet about this.

God bless, smile

teezee
[Apr 6, 2013 6:58:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male gholmlund
Stranger

Re: Bibletime and qtwebkit 2.3

Thank you very much for the information. We were not aware of this issue, but we will look into it.

Blessings,

Gary
[Apr 6, 2013 8:01:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male rdieter
Stranger

Looks like this is fixed in git (master branch) already. Tracked down the particular commit that apparently fixes things,
http://gitorious.org/bibletime/bibletime/comm...5510914ab97e8ea231c252175
[Apr 19, 2013 7:08:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male teezee
Stranger

USA
smile Re: Bibletime and qtwebkit 2.3

That is great.  Will this be patch to qtwebkit2.3?  Is there a way that I can track this to know when the patch is available?  Right now I have a yum exclude on qtwebkit which I will keep until I know that the patch is available.

Thanks for the info.     smile

teezee
[Apr 19, 2013 8:56:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male rdieter
Stranger

The patch is to bibletime (not qtwebkit). In fedora at least, we're tracking this issue @
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=952390

Patched bibletime builds will be referenced there, when available
[Apr 20, 2013 7:25:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread