mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 818 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male jbejon
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Hebrew & English Parallel

Dear All,

I've just installed MacSword and have downloaded the WLC, which I can now search using Hebrew characters and wildcards, which is great; but what would be really useful is if, having searched it, I could open an English translation in the same window so I could see the Hebrew and the English side by side, but I can't work out how to do this. (I'm trying with the ESV as things stand; if, having got my search results, I try to open up the ESV in the "current view", it just comes up blank). Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated,

James.
[Mar 21, 2013 4:17:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Female PortablePasCher

Re: Hebrew & English Parallel

You try downloading Version 6.1
iOS 6.0 support
iPhone 5 (4" screen) support
Minor bug fixes
The Hebrew Bible iPhone application is designed for reading/studying the Hebrew Bible in either Hebrew, Aramaic (Torah only), or in a parallel translation format combining Hebrew and another language (at present, either English or French). It is also useful as a tool for improving one's knowledge of Biblical Hebrew and Biblical Aramaic.
----------------------------------------
Portable Pas Cher
[Apr 30, 2013 5:57:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jbejon
Stranger

Re: Hebrew & English Parallel

Thanks for the response. I'm not 100% sure what you mean by 6.1. The package I had was Eloquent version 2.2. (I don't know exactly what that is). I now have 2.4, but it still doesn't seem to allow parallel reading very easily. In fact, the thing as a whole seems quite buggy. It doesn't remember font settings, for instance.
[Apr 30, 2013 6:33:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread