mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5165 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Male rehorlings
Stranger

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
strongs numbers in genbook module

Hi. Right now I am attempting to make a module of the text of the Didache, a document from the early church. I am using OSIS encoding. I am trying to add Strong' s numbers where available and parsing. I encoded it in the following manner:

<w lemma="x-Strong:G3598" morph="x-Robinson:N_NPF">????</w>
<w lemma="x-Strong:G1417" morph="x-Robinson:A_NUI">???</w>
<w lemma="x-Strong:G1526"morph="x-Robinson:V_PXI_3P">????,</w>
<w lemma="x-Strong:G1520" morph="x-Robinson:A_NSF">???</w>

I enabled OSISStrongs and OSISMorph options in my global options in my .conf file.
The result is that in Bibletime the Strong's numbers displayed very nicely but could not be toggled on or off. The morphological tegs did not show up at all, except after definite articles, but they displayed incorrectly. Toggling them on or off had no effect. In Gnomesword the Strong's numbers did not display normally but worked. The morphological tagging did not work. Neither could be toggled on or off.

Am I coding this document incorrectly, or do these options not work in sword or with xml2gbs? What should I be doing differently?

benedicat Dominus
Richard E. Horlings
[May 24, 2004 7:22:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jansorg
Developer

Re: strongs numbers in genbook module

I think (if the OSIS is right) you don't have module problems.
I guess the frontends do not yet have the support for options in books.

BibleTime 1.4 offers the display options button in books, too. What version of BibleTime do you use?

Joachim
[May 25, 2004 5:37:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male rehorlings
Stranger

Canada

I am using Bibletime 1.4.1 from Debian.

Richard
[May 25, 2004 2:26:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jansorg
Developer

Do you have the right options in the config file to tell Sword that the module has strongs?
Does the BibleTime display window show a button with the display options like "Show Strong numbers"?

Joachim
[May 25, 2004 3:13:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male rehorlings
Stranger

Canada

Yes, the option is there, but it doesn't do anything. Bibletime displays the strong's numbers anyways whereas the morphological analysis does not stow up, whether the display option has a check mark in front of it or not.

In my config file (the .conf file) I added

GlobalOptionFilter=UTF8GreekAccents
GlobalOptionFilter=OSISStrongs
GlobalOptionFilter=OSISMorph

to be exact. I think that these should be the right options, according to the Module Making GuideModule Making Guide. Correct me if I am wrong. BTW, the Greek Accents option works fine.

Richard
[May 26, 2004 8:06:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male pneaveill
Regular

Yes, the option is there, but it doesn't do anything. Bibletime displays the strong's numbers anyways whereas the morphological analysis does not stow up, whether the display option has a check mark in front of it or not.

In my config file (the .conf file) I added

GlobalOptionFilter=UTF8GreekAccents
GlobalOptionFilter=OSISStrongs
GlobalOptionFilter=OSISMorph

to be exact. I think that these should be the right options, according to the Module Making GuideModule Making Guide. Correct me if I am wrong. BTW, the Greek Accents option works fine.

Richard

Hoping this thread is still somewhat active or should I start a new thread here. Apologies for not knowing the rules here.

Question then is this: in xiphos, where is the conf file and what all needs to happen to hack it without groking it completely?
[Aug 30, 2010 7:08:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread