mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1137 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male JohanMarais
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Bookmarks

Good evening,

Is it possible to export bookmarks from one front end to the next, e.g. I create many bookmarks in PocketSword, but want to use the same bookmarks in Xiphos / BPBible / BibleTime or from one of these to PocketSword?

If it is possible, please provide some guidance.

In His Name.
[Jan 23, 2013 11:14:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Re: Bookmarks

Hi Johan,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner (I got your email but I've been away!).
Right now there is no way to export your bookmarks from PocketSword but I am currently working on moving your bookmarks to iCloud & when I do I will be creating ways of backing up & exporting your bookmarks at the same time. This won't be for the next release, but will probably be the only feature of the release after.
Until then you are only able to extract your bookmarks by using third party software to extract them from your iPhone's backup in iTunes and as I have never done that before, I cannot help you with that. :)

I hope that helps?
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Jan 26, 2013 9:40:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male karl
Regular

...but want to use the same bookmarks in Xiphos / BPBible / BibleTime or from one of these to PocketSword?

We have discussed questions of uniformity of bookmark storage a number of times, never to any adequate resolution. Notably, Xiphos' bookmarks are more general than those of other front ends, insofar as one bookmark may reference more than 1 verse, and selecting such a bookmark in Xiphos sends the entire bookmark set to the sidebar verse list. There is no analogue to this in any other front end.

Please see http://crosswire.org/wiki/Frontends:Bookmarks_Standard for as much as has been accomplished, but be aware that a lot of what is discussed there is not implemented anywhere.
----------------------------------------
Project Admin, Xiphos
[Jan 27, 2013 12:16:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    karlkleinpaste    karlkleinpaste [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JohanMarais
Regular

Thank you Nic and Karl, I will check it out.

In His Name.

Johan
[Jan 28, 2013 9:18:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread