mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5041 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male Tonyc
Stranger

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Ipad Mini search function- no response

Hello and blessings to all. I have just installed the Pocket Sword dictionary app on my Ipad Mini, and can't get the search function to work?? Does anyone know if the PS app even functions fully on the Ipad Mini?, or am I missing a something . confused
Thanks for any assistance.
Tony
[Dec 30, 2012 8:52:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Re: Ipad Mini search function- no response

Hi Tony,
the app should work fine on the iPad mini, and I haven't heard of any issues relating to it?

Regarding search in the dictionary section: when you do a search it will simply search the entry names in the dictionary. If you wanted to search within each dictionary entry, you'll have to wait a little as we haven't added that feature yet, sorry!

Does that help? Let us know if you need more assistance? :)

Thanks, ybic
nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Jan 1, 2013 5:45:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Tonyc
Stranger

USA

Thanks for the response Nic,

Unfortunately the whole dictionary search page is a "dead page". It does not allow me to get any response when I try to input text into the search field. I do not get a keyboard pop up or any other option that allows me to enter a search when trying to tap the search field.

I also deleted and re-installed the app to rule out a poor download.

I would love to hear from other Ipad Mini users who are able to use the Sword app on their devices.
[Jan 2, 2013 7:41:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Hi Tony,

That sounds like a pain! Which Dictionary are you trying to search in? Perhaps you could tap on the button in the top right corner of the Dictionary tab & switch to a different dictionary and see if that helps?
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Jan 2, 2013 8:56:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Tonyc
Stranger

USA

Ahaa! I just found out that there was not any dictionary loaded! Well, looks like I am under way. Sorry for my ignorance to loading modules.
I greatly appreciate the help Nic!
Happy New Year!
[Jan 2, 2013 10:10:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread