mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4999 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male vogeljh
Stranger

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
latest ESV version

I noticed recently that the version of the ESV I was using in BibleTime matches the 2003 version, based on comparisons with some online lists of version to version changes. It appears the ESV was updated in 2007 and again in 2011. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the ESV module using the bookshelf manager, then reinstalling BibleTime, but it appears to still match the 2003 version.

I have not seen anyone else reporting this concern. My questions are:

- Does this match other's experiences?
- Is there a way to get the 2011 ESV?
- I am new to this forum - is this the right place to post this?

Thanks for any feedback!
[Dec 22, 2012 10:05:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Re: latest ESV version

Hi there,

Thanks for your note! You've done your research well. :) The current version that we have for download is indeed the 2003 version of the ESV. We have been in recent talks with Crossway (the publishers of the ESV) and we're hoping to have the 2011 version available for download soon. I don't know what the timeline is (I'm not the one involved in the work for the ESV module), but I'm hoping it'll be in the next few months? :)

Thanks, ybic
nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Jan 1, 2013 5:52:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male vogeljh
Stranger

USA

Thanks, Nic! Is there a way to be notified when the 201 version is available?
[Jan 1, 2013 7:09:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Not that I'm properly aware of? I think Crossway will be hosting it themselves, so there may need to be an update to BibleTime for you to get it (altho I know they're rather on top of things, so that shouldn't be a problem!), but I'll try to remember to post here when it is available?
You can also periodically refresh the Module Manager (or whatever the module installer is called in BibleTime) to check for updates and it should tell you if there is an update for the ESV available. :)

I hope that helps? :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Jan 1, 2013 8:09:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male vogeljh
Stranger

USA

Thanks!
[Jan 2, 2013 8:13:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread