mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1713 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male farquar1000
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
display questions

I know this has probably been asked before but does the Pocketsword IOS app for iPad allow backgrounds to be set, i.e. parchment, etc? Also is there any way to set up a multiple column format? Most bound bibles are printed with two columns per page. I have not found any option in this app to allow that type of display. Lastly, can two different versions be displayed side by side? I have used the Sword versions on a HP Touchpad using BibleZHD and it does allow background choices and defaults to two column display. Thanks for any feedback.
[Sep 14, 2012 3:49:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male h.m.vanegdom
Stranger

Re: display questions

As far as I know it's not possible. However it would be wise for the pocket sword team to but effort in it; Since the reading experience is not very good on the iPad.
[Oct 15, 2012 2:19:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Hi there,

Yes, h.m.vanegdom is correct. Those features are not available at this point in time.
For version 2 of PocketSword we are looking at adding more configurable ways of setting up the display and having different versions of the Bible side-by-side.
Right now we are working on some other updates, but I hope to have more time in the new year to get started on these features! :)

I hope that helps? Thanks, ybic
nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Dec 5, 2012 8:06:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male iangr
Stranger

Australia

Yes, we absolutely need for the iPad, side by side viewing of different versions, and commentaries. I used to use the Online Bible by Larry Pierce, which was best really in the days of DOS, and it had most of these volumes, but I'm using several other iPad Bibles for the other features. In church, I primarily use Blue Letter Bible for speed of lookup and seeing two versions side by side, but Olive Tree Bible for reading additional resources.
[Mar 4, 2013 1:32:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread