mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7484 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male dpeirce
Stranger

Texas :)
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Apocrypha?

Bibletime 1.4.1 on Mandrake 10 Official.

I've looked around on the Bibletime site and on eSword's site, and I've found only one mention of an apocrypha: On eSword there's a KJV with apocrypha but it apparently is only for windows. I downloaded the Douay-Rheims Bible thinking it would have an apocrypha; I can see files in ~/.sword/modules/texts/rawtext/dra that look like they might be an apocrypha, but I can't make the apocrypha display in the books listing pull-down window. The manual and faq don't seem to cover this. crying

So is there any way for me to get at the D-R apocrypha, or any apocrypha?

In faith, Dave
dave@christos.cjb.net
Viva Texas
[May 19, 2004 2:58:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dpeirce
Stranger

Re: Apocrypha?

Shucks. 31 views and no replies. Shucks.

Thanks anyway. biggrin

In faith, Dave
dave@christos.cjb.net
Viva Texas
[May 26, 2004 10:58:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

First, there's absolutely no relation between Sword (including BibleTime, GnomeSword, the SWORD Project for Windows, MacSword, etc.) and e-Sword. The modules are not interchangeable, the development processes are not similar, etc.

Sword does not currently support apocrypha at all. We're working on it and should have something available within one of the next two releases. (Sword 1.5.8 will be released fairly soon, and I don't believe the support for apocrypha will be ready by then.)

[Moving this thread to General Discussion.]
[May 26, 2004 12:21:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dpeirce
Stranger

OK, thanks for the info. Apologies for confusing Sword and eSword. I like Bibletime quite a bit.

I personally hope y'all get an Apocrypha pretty soon. I'm talking the deuterocanonical apocrypha.

In faith, Dave
dave@christos.cjb.net
Viva Texas
[Jun 23, 2004 10:06:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Julian

cool Re: Apocrypha?

If you have a Palm OS device, I know that the PalmBible+ application has at least one (and I think more than that) bible with Apocrypha. It also has Darby Translation notes for Apocrypha - kind of like a commentary. Good luck. cool

Palm Bible+ can be found at: http://palmbibleplus.sourceforge.net/
[Jul 10, 2004 9:08:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread