mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2197 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male Mitdarnoc
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
NET maps

How do I get the image files for downloaded NET maps on IPad?
[Jul 31, 2012 4:31:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Re: NET maps

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you!
Basically, it is a module that should not really be available. The README in the module says:

---

Image files you find in this module are boilerplate
placeholders, solely to direct you here, for how to
get real images yourself.

As last known, map images can be found here:
http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=2055
Surf/save them all in subdirectory "images",
replacing files as they are present initially.

---

So you need to create the module yourself, and this is something you would need to do on your computer and then transfer the module manually across to your iPad...

Again, why this module is "available" when it is initially broken is beyond me! Perhaps ask the Xiphos guys and they can help you?

Sorry about that...
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Dec 5, 2012 8:17:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male karl
Regular

Re: NET maps

NETmaps is available like that ("initially broken") because I never anticipated, 6+ years ago, that a Sword app environment would ever come into existence where the user would be unable to go into the directory where module content is stored and just replace content there. iPhone/iPad is such a sterile environment that this is not possible.

The maps themselves are bible.org's, and not content that I have any business redistributing. So I created the module with boilerplate images that show the user how to deal with it...except that the explanation is not useful in the iPhone/iPad universe. On any other platform, it's not a big deal: You surf the URL offered, you pick up image files, you copy those replacement image files into the images directory where the boilerplate image files already are. *Poof* You've got a fully-functional NETmaps module.

As it is, for iPhone/iPad, yes, you've got to get the module onto a real computer, tear it open manually, get the images, replace them in the module content, re-construct the result, and move it in "module maintainer mode" to the device. Yeah, that's a pain, and utterly impractical for Apple users. No, I have no plans to try to make it easier for Apple users.
----------------------------------------
Project Admin, Xiphos
[Dec 6, 2012 5:26:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    karlkleinpaste    karlkleinpaste [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread