mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1002 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male jw1104
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
about windows splitting

First of all, I really thank you for this great app.
There are many great point in this program. But there also some minor point that I missed a lot.
Maybe some other users also feel same thing as I have.

1. about split window
I'm Korean which means I use Korean versions, and of course Eng. versions. But at the same time as I stay in Arab country I also use Arabic bible too.

So, many times I have to change to other versions to use other language... above three and sometimes even more.

Sometimes it is really annoying to change the modules.
Some say that is a small matter. But for me who use it every day and a lot, it is unpleasant and minor point.

I know that there are some other apps in which I can see split windows. However, still I love to use the Pocket Sword app which has great functions.

I really expect to see "SPLIT WINDOW" in the app that I can use two modules at the same time. (I don't expect three..)

2. about user made module
I tried to find some web page to get some information how I make user module. But I couldn't.
Could you explain it how to make user bible modules?
Sorry about this.

3. about Arabic bible
I thanks for the two Arabic bible versions; 1. Smith and Van Dyck's version and 2. New Arabic version.
I'm not sure if it is okay to ask you about this.

Anyway.... in the Van Dyck's version, there is no vowel marks, not like new arabic version.
On the web... (for example "The Word" program in theword.net) there is same Arabic version which has full vowel marks in it.

I really want to know if there is a way to use that module in the Pocket Sword app. Or you could add the link for the new version of Arabic bible in the "Downloads" function in the app.

Thanks again and looking forward to see the updated version.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jw1104 at Jan 24, 2012 1:26:29 PM]
[Jan 24, 2012 1:25:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: about windows splitting

Hi there,

Thanks for your long message. Sorry I've taken so long to reply!

1) having a split window is something we are hoping to add in the future, however there are a few things holding up development of a new version right now, so prayer for those things to clear up would be great!

2) The best place to look for more information about creating your own modules is:
http://crosswire.org/wiki/Main_Page
On the right hand side of that page it will give you guides and tutorials and hopefully that will help!

3) You cannot load that version into PocketSword. I am not sure what the current state of modules are, as I have nothing to do with their creation or updating, but we are constantly working on improving the quality of our modules. you can check for updates of modules by tapping on the refresh button in the top right corner of the screen when you enter the "CrossWire 1" section of the downloads tab.

I hope that helps & I'm sorry again that I've taken so long to reply!

Thanks, ybic
nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Mar 21, 2012 2:12:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread