mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1633 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male Kunio

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
localization of cross-reference labels with short book names

Hi Nic

Great to see you continously serving God through PocketSword.

is it possible to localize cross-reference labels with short book names from po files?

John3:16 -> ヨハネ3:16 (with long name ヨハネによる福音書)

This will help some non-English speakers to use TSK modules (and others) better.

I will help you updating the PO file for Japanese and Chinese for this.

And I think short names should be used for showing verses on sub screen too (what you see on the buttom small screen when you tap references on TSK) It's kind of too long.

Blessings

Kunio
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Kunio at Dec 6, 2011 8:40:48 PM]
[Dec 6, 2011 8:39:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: localization of cross-reference labels with short book names

Hi Kunio,

Are you thinking about the text that appears in the small window that appears at the bottom of the screen when you tap on a link or are you thinking about the text that appears in the main view of the TSK module? I think you're talking about the main view, and that is the text that is within the TSK module itself. I think you'd need to edit the TSK module to create a localised version of it for a specific language? I can look into this more for you, though, but I don't know when I'll have time in the next couple of weeks. I may be starting a new job at the start of January, which may take up a bit of time initially before it settles down? You can pray about that, whichever way you wish: for God to give me the job or not? ;)

Regarding having shorter names in the sub screen, I think that's a good idea. I'll try to implement that for the next release. :)

Thanks, ybic
nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Dec 20, 2011 8:36:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread