mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2572 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male GuilhermeAugustoBA
Stranger

Brazil
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
[Doubt] How do verses on the internet, documents (LibreOffice, etc.) or other means to link the program Xiphos Bible?

Hello, good morning everyone. I want to express that the forum is a good learning tool. It's been beneficial to learn with you all.
In the release notes on the official website of the Xiphos has something related to this:
"When invoking Xiphos saw the sword: / / link, multi-refs are handled in the verse list. That is, the single link" sword: / / / Gen.1.1; Rev.1.1 "does what you expect, is identically the multi-clicking the bookmark ref. "[I confess I did not understand this note].

Based on this, I wondered if there was chance to see the verses in LibreOffice documents, or even on sites with Internet browsers that connect to the program Xiphos Bible.

I thank, have a nice day.
----------------------------------------
2 Coríntios 5:21. Àquele que não conheceu pecado, o fez pecado por nós; para que nele fôssemos feitos justiça de Deus.
[Nov 13, 2011 6:58:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    GuilhermeAugustoBA@gmail.com [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male karl
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: [Doubt] How do verses on the internet, documents (LibreOffice, etc.) or other means to link the program Xiphos Bible?

Xiphos checks to see if your system has a handler for sword:// URLs. If not, it installs itself (actually, a small helper program) as that handler. Then such URLs can be handled directly in e.g. web pages, so that a target reference "sword://ESV/john.3.16" does what you expect, clickable from the browser: It uses your existing Xiphos, or starts a fresh one if none is yet running, and tells Xiphos to navigate to that module and verse.

Yes, other documents besides web pages could use this method, if you are able to encode a sword:// URL as a linkable target.
----------------------------------------
Project Admin, Xiphos
[Nov 14, 2011 3:45:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    karlkleinpaste    karlkleinpaste [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread