mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1583 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male paalgg

Norway
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Versification errors

I am running the versification test on my newly created Bible in OSIS format like this:
osis2mod c:\outputdir\ bible.xml -v German

But it is outputting a lot of errors on all valid choices/versifications. I have tried testing with these different versifications (erroneous verses in paranthesis):
German (77 verses)
Luther (77 verses)
KJV (91 verses)
NRSV (91 verses)
Vulg (816 verses)

I have checked four other norwegian translations, and quick check tells me that none of them is using a standardized versification.

Is it normal that translations have their own special versifications?
[Sep 26, 2011 8:44:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male paalgg

Norway
Re: Versification errors

Well, I have come a bit further, without you guys help :)

The new problem: All verses after Lam 3:22 are left out of the Sword module:
I have managed to generate a Sword module of the Bible. The tool osis2mod is given the argument"-v German" for German versification. During the generation the tool outputs a lot of verses that about problems with the versification. The last lines of the output before it finishes is this:
INFO(V11N): Song of Solomon 6:13 is not in the German versification.  
INFO(V11N): Song.6.13 is not in the German versification. Appending content to Song.6.12
INFO(V11N): Isaiah 9:21 is not in the German versification.
INFO(V11N): Isa.9.21 is not in the German versification. Appending content to Isa.9.20
INFO(V11N): Jeremiah 9:26 is not in the German versification.
INFO(V11N): Jer.9.26 is not in the German versification. Appending content to Jer.9.25

When I load the module into the Windows application BPBible all verses after Lamenratios 3:22 missing (3:22 is the last).

My Bible (OSIS XML format) validates, and the XML looks fine when I look at the lines where the generation of the modules stops:
<verse osisID="Lam.3.21">Dette vil eg leggja meg på hjarta, og difor vil eg vona:</verse>
<verse osisID="Lam.3.22">Herrens nåde det er, at det ikkje er ute med oss, for hans miskunn er enn ikkje all.</verse>
<verse osisID="Lam.3.23">Kvar morgon er ho ny, å, stor er din truskap.</verse>

Is there another place to ask for help? It seems like this forum is not frequently visited.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by paalgg at Oct 19, 2011 11:10:54 AM]
[Oct 19, 2011 11:06:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male troypulk
Regular

USA

Have you read through this?

http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Alternate_Versification

Also, if your using German your module has to have the right verses in it, just remove the verses that are not in the German bible or else use a different versification.

Also, you can post a question at this site:

http://www.crosswire.org/mailman/listinfo/sword-devel

Click on the sword-devel Archives at the top.
[Oct 23, 2011 8:39:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

BPBible IMO can't yet deal with alternate versifications. Might this be the problem why you don't see the verses?

Manfred
[Nov 3, 2011 12:40:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male paalgg

Norway

BPBible IMO can't yet deal with alternate versifications. Might this be the problem why you don't see the verses?

No, that is not the problem. I can see all the verses that got imported into the module, the conversion from OSIS to Sword module is the problem, the osis2mod tool terminates without error message.

I have made a post to the sword developement maillist and is getting some help there now.
[Nov 5, 2011 1:25:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread