mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5262 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Male jf_sly
Stranger

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Adding book on Android

I am posting this in the general section because there was no "Android" section under the handheld area.

I installed the AndBible package for android from the market. I was also able to install a couple books and cometary via the built in menus. However was wondering how I might install/add other items that I have downloaded (i.e. maps, etc) that I use on my PC with BBible.

I'm hoping someone here may be able to assist as the AndBible site points to here for getting help.
[Sep 9, 2011 6:37:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jonmmorgan
Regular

Re: Adding book on Android

As we have discussed before, I do not have an Android so I am merely passing on information I received from the author a few months ago. I hope it is right and useful:

"Android is totally open so you just plug in a usb cable and drag modules into sdcard/jsword using a standard file manager app (Windows Explorer)."

I think the modules could come directly from your BPBible install (if you don't know where they are kept, go to "Bible > Information", then look at the AbsoluteDataPath to find it).
[Sep 18, 2011 6:43:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jf_sly
Stranger

USA

Yes understand, I tried that and it did not work.
[Sep 20, 2011 10:19:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jonmmorgan
Regular

Just a thought: Did you use the module zip files downloaded from CrossWire, or the modules and mods.d directories that these expand to on disk? I don't know which one AndBible actually uses, but I would guess it would be the expanded version.
[Sep 26, 2011 5:46:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mjdenham
Stranger

UK

It is possible to install modules manually. This is briefly described in the first item in the And Bible FAQ . However maps are not yet supported - only bibles, commentaries, dictionaries and books.

Martin
[Sep 26, 2011 6:48:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Female mirandasmith

Philippines

Can anybody tell me how to insert books and how can i read those PDF books, too? I am just confused.
[Aug 6, 2012 9:05:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Female mirandasmith

Philippines

Can anybody tell me how to insert books and how can i read those PDF books, too? I am just confused.

I'm hoping someone with more Android experience.
[Aug 17, 2012 10:05:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Female mirandasmith

Philippines

I'm hoping someone with more Android experience.
[Aug 17, 2012 10:06:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Female PortablePasCher

What I did was copy an .epub file over to the nook app and pasted it over to the My Documents folder (using a file explorer.) Sync the app and the book will show up in "my files". Open and enjoy. if you want to use Calibre and Kindle, I believe you can send the file to your Kindle via email from Calibre, then sync/update. I haven't done that for a long time, so am just going from memory.
----------------------------------------
Portable Pas Cher
[Apr 29, 2013 8:53:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Female joleyjames123
Stranger

I have a couple Books I want to read...I was wondering if there was a way to add them to the stock "Reader" App that comes with our Inspire?

aerogel
[Edit 1 times, last edit by joleyjames123 at Sep 18, 2013 7:03:57 PM]
[Sep 18, 2013 7:01:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread