mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2562 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male ninjaaron

Israel
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Seaching by Strong's Numbers in Diatheke?

Hi. First post. I'm a grad student at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, and I'm also a major Linux geek.

Anyway, I have to do a project that involves OT textual criticism, especially where the LXX is concerned. I have some Diatheke s scripts in mind that could save me a lot of clicking, but they are sort of contingent on the ability to search by Strong's in tagged modules.

I read the man page for Diatheke, but I couldn't see a way to get this working. I'm also using a version of it that is two years old or something; 2.4.1, I think. It's the one in the Ubuntu repositories.

Thanks,
Aaron
[Sep 1, 2011 11:04:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mjdenham
Stranger

UK
Re: Seaching by Strong's Numbers in Diatheke?

I am not familiar with Diatheke but if there is a Lucene index you can search for Strongs numbers using e.g. "lemma:H05062"

There is a related thread here:
http://www.crosswire.org/pipermail/sword-devel/2011-January/035712.html

Martin
[Oct 1, 2011 2:27:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ninjaaron

Israel
Re: Atlanta injury lawyer

After looking at the thread (not to mention the Atlanta Injury Lawyer), I see your talking about the lucene searching apparently as it is used in some of the Sword GUI frontends. The reason I want diatheke is because it is a CLI frontend, and I can more easily write shell scripts based on the search results to further automate the research process. If there is another way to search the lucene index from the command line (with a command like grep, perhaps?), that would be equally satisfactory.
[Oct 11, 2011 1:57:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread