mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1410 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male jenorman
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sword for Android

Are there any plans for develment or distribution of SWORD software for Android based smartphones and tablets similar to the I pad based platforms.

james
[Aug 20, 2011 3:36:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Re: Sword for Android

Hi James,

Check out And-Bible on the market. I'm not sure if it works on tablets, but it does Android phones. :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Aug 21, 2011 3:38:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mjdenham
Stranger

UK

It works on tablets too. In fact one person says it works better on tablets.
[Oct 1, 2011 3:14:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male is626
Stranger

another app that borrows from the great SWORD database is https://market.android.com/details?id=com.smu...amp;feature=search_result

The programmer does seem to be independent but the app is reliable. I will also downloard And-bible today and work with it some. I believe that the other one only pulls the bible portion of the SWORD database not the other resources.
[Oct 10, 2011 6:01:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male is626
Stranger

I just checked both applications And-Bible is far supperior to the app that I mentioned earlier today. I plan to use that along with Eloquent on the Mac. Now to learn about the Sword file format...
[Oct 10, 2011 4:51:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread