mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 17
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6768 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Male jimspace

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: iPad Version

I sent that request to www.myanmarbible.com using their contact form and their e-mail, but they've never responded to me before, even when it was about buying things. But I hope that changes.

I said:

9/12/11
Hello! Would you allow for your Bibles to be incorporated into PocketSword for the iPhone?

PocketSword is produced by the CrossWire Bible Society.
http://www.crosswire.org/pocketsword/PocketSword/PocketSword/PocketSword.html

Thank you, and I look forward to your reply.

----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jimspace at Sep 15, 2011 5:23:20 AM]
[Sep 15, 2011 5:22:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

@PastorJosh
I'm really sorry to hear about that! Unfortunately we needed to put out a version that ran natively on the iPad, and so it was just a matter of time before this happened. Have you tried using the Accessibility options on your iPad? Take a look in the Settings app & then in General, Accessibility. There are several different options available for you there.
I hope that helps?

Thanks, ybic
Nic Carter... :)
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Sep 15, 2011 7:54:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Any chance to revert to an older version?

Manfred
[Sep 17, 2011 7:14:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

unfortunately not much. This is the App Store we're talking about & so it's either the latest version of an app or nothing & you can only install apps through the App Store, unlike with OS X where you have a lot more freedom.

I'll think about what the options are & see what I can come up with...
PocketSword Developer
[Sep 17, 2011 6:07:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jimspace

love struck Re: iPad Version

Turning the device sideways sometimes enlarges the font. Personally, I have had absolutely no problems with the latest PocketSword. Can't the font size for the Bibles be changed under the Bible properties?
[Sep 18, 2011 5:52:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Thanks for the reply, Jim. Unfortunately some people's vision is such that they need a little more help than that. :( It would be great if we could figure out a way that it could work for people with low vision, but I think the most realistic way of this happening being them using Apple's built-in Accessibility options.
PocketSword Developer
[Sep 18, 2011 6:50:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male PastorJosh
Stranger

The accessibility functions of the IPad are very limited, and are virtually no help whatsoever.

While the font size of the text within Pocketsword is ok, on the largest settings, it is the search boxes and menus that are just to small. I loved the IPhone resolution on the Ipad. it was so easy to use. Searches are nearly impossible now, and bookmarking scripture has become a real challenge.

Is there any chance of having an app for each the IPhone and the IPad instead of an universal app? I just don't SEE any benefit with the this new update.

I really don't mean to complain, I just really miss using this app, because it was such a help to me.
[Sep 29, 2011 11:50:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread