mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 17
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5931 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Male nesschurch
Stranger

Scotland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
iPad Version

Dear Nic

Fantastic program. I have recommended PocketSword dozens of times over every paid app, both for the stability of the software, the textual features such as parsing & Storngs, and the vastly superior range of quality commentaries available - all free!

Please be encouraged that your work has made a real difference to this minister.

I have been nosying around the forums for a while without becoming a member. Signed up today, and thought I may as well throw in my tuppence worth. I am sure you are inundated. Don't feel you need to reply.

I have a request!

Would it be possible to make the max font size for the Bible something HUGE like 96 pt?
Would it be possible to have an option to make finding the reference in the Bible equally (or nearly) as huge?

I have an elder (87!) whose eyes are going. Congregation got him an iPad a few months back, which is great: he can read his Bible again!
However - the app does make the text massive, but navigating is still a struggle.
I may be asking for the moon, but thought I would ask nonetheless.

Every blessing in your work

Greg
[Aug 19, 2011 1:04:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Re: iPad Version

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your comments. :) I'm glad you find it so useful :)

Regarding text size, that's an interesting thought. My first suggestion would be to take a look at the Accessibility functionality built into the iPhone/iPad. In the Settings app go into General & then Accessibility & then you can play with VoiceOver (which PocketSword should handle) and Zoom.

I hope that helps?
Thanks, ybic
nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Aug 19, 2011 4:14:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male nesschurch
Stranger

Scotland

Really appreciate you taking time to reply.
Yes - Had investigated the Accessibility functions, but the more advanced and finicky gestures are a bit beyond him. Swiping and touching are fine, but three fingered gestures have proven more of a challenge.

I understand fully it is a big ask. Thanks for getting back to me.

Greg
[Aug 20, 2011 1:41:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Hi Greg,

Take a look at the new version, available on the App Store today, and see if that helps at all? I hope it doesn't make things worse for him!

Thanks, ybic
PocketSword Developer
[Sep 8, 2011 6:10:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jimspace

Hi there, thanks for the update. I installed the Burmese BurJudson Bible, but the Padauk font did not load. All that displays is boxes.
-------------------------
While you're at it, I would like having a Karen Sgaw Bible module too, the text of which can be seen here http://www.myanmarbible.com/bible/SgawKaren/html/index.html

It's a language written in the Burmese script.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jimspace at Sep 8, 2011 8:21:25 PM]
[Sep 8, 2011 8:17:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male nesschurch
Stranger

Scotland

Nic

Thanks a lot for the iPad version. I bought my iPad about four months back. The deciding factor was that PocketSword was coming soon to the iPad!

It looks like a very solid update. Certainly wont make it worse for him, though I think with his eyes still deteriorating he will soon be looking at about only a dozen or so words per page (seriously!) I think that would require about a 96 font...!

thanks again. Also really appreciate taking the time to respond.

Every blessing

Greg
[Sep 10, 2011 1:23:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

@jimspace Try selecting the Code2000 font from the preferences in the app and see if that fixes the problem? Hopefully that will work! Regarding the Karen Sgaw Bible, perhaps you could contact the publishers of the website and ask if they'd be happy for their Bibles to be incorporated into PocketSword?

@Greg (nesschurch) Thanks for those comments. :) Glad to hear that it's working well and that it was influential in your decision to buy an iPad!!! :)

Thanks, ybic
PocketSword Developer
[Sep 11, 2011 8:24:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male PastorJosh
Stranger

I have been using Pocketsword on my iPad since I bought it back in April. It has been the single greatest tool in my ministry since I started preaching 17 years ago.

However, I have extremely limited vision (legally blind actually) This app was by far the most user friendly for someone in my condition. That is until I updated to the new version. The bible text isn't the only thing made smaller. All the menus and search boxes are greatly diminished from the previous version. I feel like a blessing has been stolen from me. In preparing for my messages today I could barely use it, I had to go back to my previous methods of study that are twice as long.

Is there any way to install the old version? Even my wife, who has good sight, said the menus and print are to small. Please help!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by PastorJosh at Sep 11, 2011 10:09:28 PM]
[Sep 11, 2011 9:57:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jimspace

@jimspace Try selecting the Code2000 font from the preferences in the app and see if that fixes the problem? Hopefully that will work! ?

It did, thanks!! applause

Regarding the Karen Sgaw Bible, perhaps you could contact the publishers of the website and ask if they'd be happy for their Bibles to be incorporated into PocketSword?

Will do! cool
[Sep 12, 2011 5:18:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male x8notes
Stranger

Great! I am just a new here! Hello to all!
[Sep 13, 2011 7:29:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread