mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 23242 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Name complaints

I have considered renaming PocketSword, and may still do so, but if I'm going to do a long and unwieldily name I'm going to have CrossWire in it rather than The Sword Project. I kinda figure it's the parent organisation, whereas the other is just a project of the parent organisation. Plus, I often talk to people about CrossWire and never mention The Sword Project, but that's just me! People can check out the CrossWire website and then see the project, so that's not too much of an issue I reckon. :)

I was thinking something like The Bible by the CrossWire Bible Society and then shorten the iOS app name that is displayed on devices to Bible? :) But, I'm not too concerned right now and am more focused on other stuff atm, hence no releases of PS for about 6 months, altho there should be one in the next couple of weeks (all the code is done, waiting on some icons and beta testing!) :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Aug 21, 2011 3:53:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Name complaints

I think we have quite some good suggestions.
I will go through them on the weekend and maybe open a new thread for votes.

Thanks,
Manfred
[Aug 24, 2011 12:15:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread