mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3926 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Male edbgato

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Any plans to port SWORD to Microsoft .NET?

I know Borland Turbo C++ is the favorite developer platform, but is there any possibility that a port to Microsoft .NET is in the wings?  The reason I ask is "IF ported to .NET, there is a possibility that it would run under Linux/Mono if done correctly."

Just the ramblings of a multi-platform old man with the desire to run my apps in both Linux AND Windows.

Ed
[Aug 6, 2011 3:34:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Any plans to port SWORD to Microsoft .NET?

I think there are .Net SWIG bindings. They probably need some work to be useful.

Manfred
[Aug 7, 2011 1:28:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jonmmorgan
Regular

SWORD is able to be compiled with g++ and will work on Linux just as well as on Windows. I know of at least three applications using it on both platforms (to varying levels of capability): Xiphos, BPBible and BibleTime.
[Aug 14, 2011 12:14:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

You mean he could use the Interop services of .Net?

Manfred
[Aug 15, 2011 12:38:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jonmmorgan
Regular

I mean the original question was about making a cross-platform application. It seemed possible that using .NET was just an implementation detail.
[Aug 15, 2011 1:08:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male El_Guero

microsoft and cross platform compatibility is like feeding a great white shark and wondering where your hand & 4 year old kid are ....
[Aug 21, 2011 12:11:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread