mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3262 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male OldManRiver
Stranger

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
2 Features needed

Sirs;

Have not been using your tool long, so this maybe redundant, but could not find anything on it with search.

What I see needed for this project are the following 2 things:
  • Web Enabled online version (PHP),
  • Topical Chain reference.

I have been working on the later and probably about 50% through the coding and am designing it so it not only captures both Thompson's and Nave's but also allows topic inputs via web, through review process, to avoid multiple similar topics and also keep topics Biblically focused.

Would like feed back from those interested and especially those willing to help with the later.

I also see the day, when we can develop an engine that you enter a topic, such as the one I am currently pursuing of "Necessity of Protection" where the engine would do a thesarus lookup on the terms entered and render all verses that are appropriate.

Thanks!

OMR
[Jul 23, 2011 1:01:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Re: 2 Features needed

Hi there,

To answer your first point, have you looked at:

http://crosswire.org/study/

Hope that helps? :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Sep 22, 2011 3:31:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Mikey

USA
Re: 2 Features needed

On the second feature request:

Thompsons Chain references (the index portion found in the back of the Chain Reference Bible) is available in the Lexicon/Dictionary section of the crosswire library

http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModInfo.jsp?modName=TCR

This is the latest public domain version (1934) which includes only about the first 2000 chains of the modern Chain Reference Study Bibles available from Kirkbride. Also note that the 1934 version did not number the chains (each reference was labelled by subject in the margins and alphabetized in the index). We don't have the Scripture portion marked up to match the index (yet).
[Sep 28, 2011 6:46:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    just_mike_y [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread