mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 15
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4248 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
Male JonGl
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Eloquent Lion ready?

Manfred-

Is Eloquent ready for Lion? The one compatibility list I found (http://roaringapps.com/apps:table/tags/_e/index_tags/_e) doesn't show Eloquent at all.

Perhaps you will also want to add Eloquent to the list. :-)

Thanks.

-Jon
[Jul 20, 2011 6:38:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Eloquent Lion ready?

Hi.

I'm not sure.
I will download and install Lion later today.
If it doesn't work I'll try to fix it and release an update.

Manfred
[Jul 20, 2011 9:09:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JonGl
Regular

Thanks. I'm discovering other apps I need that aren't ready or require a paid upgrade. I may end up waiting. :-( But I'm sure others wouldn't mind the news. ;-)

-Jon
[Jul 20, 2011 10:17:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

So, after the Lion update I had to discover that Eloquent in the current version does not work.
However, interestingly, v2.3.0 does work.
Trying to figure out what the differences are.

Manfred
[Jul 20, 2011 1:21:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male chasm
Regular

USA

I really, REALLY hope you integrate Eloquent into Lion's new fullscreen mode feature :)

EDIT: I'd like to report that with the latest version of Eloquent that I have, toggling fullscreen actually works! In Snow Leopard, it would simply black the screen out unless I disabled automatic graphics switching in advance.
----------------------------------------
<this signature intentionally left blank>
[Edit 1 times, last edit by chasm at Jul 20, 2011 5:49:57 PM]
[Jul 20, 2011 2:21:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Geek [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

I really, REALLY hope you integrate Eloquent into Lion's new fullscreen mode feature :)

EDIT: I'd like to report that with the latest version of Eloquent that I have, toggling fullscreen actually works! In Snow Leopard, it would simply black the screen out unless I disabled automatic graphics switching in advance.

Eventually the new Lion APIs will be used but bringing a Lion only release is probably not what most people want.

Manfred
[Jul 23, 2011 3:24:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male chasm
Regular

USA

As far as I know, incorporating the Lion APIs does not necesarrily force Eloquent to be "Lion only." The Lion specific features will simply not show up in earlier systems. For example, I actually updated my installation of iWork before I installed Lion, and while the new version of iWork incorporated Fullscreen, Autosave, Resume, and Versions, none of those feature appeared while running in Snow Leopard, and iWork worked just fine all the same.
[Jul 23, 2011 6:23:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Geek [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

That is true.
But it clutters the code a lot and costs additional time to make it use this code when we run on Lion and that code if we don't. I'd actually like to not do such things due to the lack of development resources.

Manfred
[Jul 24, 2011 5:33:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Hi there.

I've uploaded an experimental version to sourceforge which works on Lion. This is a Lion only release and needs Intel 64 bit CPU which all that can run Lion should actually have.

There are a few quirks which I've notices and possibly some more.
The toolbar is a little messed up.
Fullscreen mode doesn't work correctly.
Since this is a Lion only release I've planed to adapt some of the new Lion APIs like the fullscreen but that might still take a little.

If you find anything else let me know or post a Jira. Thanks.

Manfred
[Aug 7, 2011 1:17:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male chasm
Regular

USA

I've downloaded the experimental build. Overall it works pretty well. The program initially seemed to be unable to load a module, and I had to both select a module and enter a reference lookup term in order for anything to display. After that, everything worked fine. As I understand that Lion fullscreen is yet to come, I won't make any further comments on that in this post. I will however point out a few interface quirks:

The blue circles are highlighting interface elements that should probably be removed. I have no idea how that thin blank bar appeared under the main toolbar, and that thick resize bar on the left sidebar is no longer needed. The red circle is obviously highlighting a more apparent interface issue. The chapter/verse navigators should probably be programmed to center themselves in available sidebar space, and not permit the sidebar to be sized too small to contain them. Right now, they are apparently positioned at an usually long fixed distance from the edge of the scripture display window, and disappear if the toolbar is too narrow.

EDIT: Okay, now this is a beautiful thing. Running this experimental build off of the disk image worked very well. Strangely though, running it from the hard disk is buggy as ever. Fullscreen mode does not work at all, and any attempt to invoke it produces either a completely scrambled and unworkable interface or a black screen that can only be exited by quitting the program altogether. On the next launch, a "corrupt session file" error will appear. But hey, that's the adventure of playing with test software. No complaints. biggrin
[Edit 2 times, last edit by chasm at Aug 8, 2011 7:34:00 AM]
[Aug 8, 2011 7:12:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Geek [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread