mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
This topic has been viewed 5214 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male gichurch
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Arabic Bible

I installed the Arabic Bible in Gnomesword, unfortunately the characters are not binding properly to words, but are all shown individually . I guess there must bee some Arabic internationalistaion module for Gnome itself necesary. Anyone has a clue ?

Thanks !
[Apr 24, 2004 3:51:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male andyp
Stranger

UK
Re: Arabic Bible

Not sure why this could be, but I know there have been some recent right-to-left fixes in CVS.

The best thing might be to post to the gnomesword mailing lists (users or developers) and post a bug report to our project page with a more detailed description.
[Apr 25, 2004 6:16:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male terry
Stranger

USA

Does the module work correctly with another frontend?
----------------------------------------
GnomeSword Developer
[May 2, 2004 9:42:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male gichurch
Regular

yes, no problem under Bibletime.

Arabic letters have usually between three and four forms, which are used depending on the position of teh letter within the word, a bit like capital and small letters in latin script. Under gnomesword I have only solitary letters ("capitals")

The sasme module looks fine under Bibletime
[May 2, 2004 11:05:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

GnomeSword may need to enable the UTF8arShaping filter, which requires ICU, in order to render properly shaped Arabic (and I'm not even certain that the shaping filter actually works, since I don't recall whether we use it for BibleCS). BibleTime probably doesn't need this since I'm sure KDE manages shaping itself.
[May 3, 2004 11:57:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread