mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1195 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Male fauxpaux

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Localization for Khmer (Cambodian)

I'd like to work on a localization for Khmer. What localization files would I need to start on this?
Thanks!
[Jun 10, 2011 5:02:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Localization for Khmer (Cambodian)

Do you mean a localization of Eloquent or of the bible book names?

Manfred
[Jun 10, 2011 8:19:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male fauxpaux

Actually, yes to both. I didn't know they would be separate, but it'd be great to have them both.
[Jun 10, 2011 8:24:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Well, Eloquent is "just" a front end to the Sword library which actually has all the bible name localizations.
You can either download/checkout the Sword sources in order to get to the book localizations or, you open the Eloquent.app bundle in Finder and navigate to the following location inside it:
Content/Frameworks/ObjCSword.framework/Resources/locales.d

You will find a list of .conf files with book names and abbreviations for all languages Sword knows about.
I'm not sure whether the one you are looking for is already there or not.
If it is not, you can create a new file. The file name usually is the ISO 2 digit country name. This file then has to be added to the official Sword source tree to be publicly available.

As for localization of Eloquent: we don't yet really have localization support. A good portion of time has to go into this to check UI component sizes are appropriate for localized strings and so forth.
Eloquent only exists in english language at this time.
At some point, maybe with version 2.4, we'll do release a localized version. However prior to this release we'd announce this so that all people who wish a special language have time to create it.

Manfred
[Jun 10, 2011 9:28:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male fauxpaux

Thanks for all of the info on the localization files for the Sword stuff. That looks pretty straight forward.

I understand making an app to "localizable" has got to be pretty complex. I'm trying to translate the nibs myself for personal use and if you'd like to use them in the future they'll be available. I'm having an issue with the MainMenu.nib as I seem to be lacking a dependency for editing it, BGHUDAppKitPlugin I think. I'm not a Interface Builder pro in the slightest so if you get a chance, would you mind pointing me to how to install this plugin, if its freely available. Thanks for all of your time on this!
[Jun 10, 2011 9:58:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

No, it not really complex.
The easiest way is that the nib/xib files stay the same for all languages and only the localizable strings are changed for them.
Strings of nibs can be extracted and that's what translators should work with. When they have been translated they can be pushed back into the nib. This is something one of the developers normally does.

That means if you'd like to translate the app you should extract the strings, translate them and push them back to the xib/nib.

However, if you want to open the xibs in IB the missing plugin is an open source library. I'm not having access to the sources right now but if you search for BGHUDAppKitPlugin in the internet you should find a google code project where you can download the plugin.

Manfred
[Jun 11, 2011 1:28:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread