mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3996 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male anton
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
"Case-sensitive" option is off, but ...

Hello, recently I tried to search for a well-known Bible verse, but wondered why it was not found by BibleTime. After some attempts I could find it by changing the key words - and it was exactly the phrase I entered at the beginning (!) except some words contained capital letters. But the "case-sensitive" option was off, so they theoretically must be ignored. The module where the search was performed, was the Russian Synodal Bible (RST).
[Apr 22, 2004 3:35:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jansorg
Developer

Re: "Case-sensitive" option is off, but ...

Hi,

it seems Sword has problems uppering Unicode characters different from the english ones. We fixed a similair issue in Sword development version and hope that this bug is fixed, too.

Could you post the example so we can test it to check?

Thank you for reporting this,
Joachim
[Apr 22, 2004 2:26:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male anton
Stranger

Could you post the example so we can test it to check?

Hello, Joachim,

the text was Hebrew 12:3 �For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself ...�

In Russian, it is: � �

In my search, I've written �� (first letter is no capital).
[Apr 26, 2004 2:18:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male anton
Stranger

Oh ... it seems like Russian letters are not accepted by this forum sad But I can send you the example by e-mail.
[Apr 26, 2004 2:31:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread