mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 935 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male dration7
Stranger

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
sad Compiling SWORD engine

Hi there

I'm trying to compile the SWORD engine both on my mac and linux machines. I'm having the same problem on both. I am aware someone asked this or a similar question before, but I followed the forum for as long as i could understand and plus it was written back in '09 and im not sure what has changed since then.

My apologies, though, if this requieres a repeat solution.

So here's the deal:
I downloaded the zip file (v. 1.6.2) and unzipped it.
I then read the README and INSTALL files which instructed the following-

./usrinst.sh
make
su
make install

If you have never installed sword before and/or are happy with a default
configuration, you may wish to type:

make install_config

I tried both and I keep getting errors while "making":

make[1]: *** [swmgr.lo] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

This actually comes after a great deal of errors dealing with file "utf8translliterator.h"

I also tried running ./userinstal.sh before trying "make" or "make install", but with both make commands, I still get those errors. 
This is a bit frustrating to say the least, but I'll be glad when I get get past this b/c I think this SWORD engine is a great tool for developers. 

Any help is really appreciated. 
Don
[May 29, 2011 8:16:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Compiling SWORD engine

You're saying there are a lot of "utf8translliterator.h" errors.
Do you have the icu-dev package installed? If not, you should install it. It will install all the icu headers on your system.

Manfred
[May 30, 2011 11:12:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dration7
Stranger

United States

Thanks for the reply Manfred

How do I go about installing the icu-dev package? Is it included in the zip i downloaded or is it at another location online?

Don
[May 30, 2011 11:20:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

You normally install packages like "icu-dev" via your distribution package management. On Ubuntu this is apt-get and the command line could be something like:
sudo apt-get install icu-dev

Though I don't know exactly how this package is called on Ubuntu it might also be "libicu-dev".

Manfred
[Jun 1, 2011 2:47:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male troypulk
Regular

USA

Also, it's a good idea to follow this wiki

http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Tutorial:Compiling_%26_Installing_SWORD
[Jun 1, 2011 6:02:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread