mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1381 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Male JohanMarais
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
OSIS in Eloquent

I hope someone can help me.

I am busy with the mark-up of our 2009 edition of The Scriptures (by the Institute for Scripture Research).

I only have access to an iPhone 3G and Windows front-ends (Ziphos, The SWORD Project for Windows, BPBible and BibleTime), running Windows XP and Windows 7 (32 bit).

My mark-up works perfectly on these front-ends.

Someone is helping me testing on an Apple Mac (unfortunately a few thousand kilometres from where I live) and he gets pop-up windows with strange text in footnotes under Eloquent.

He is running an Apple laptop, under Mac OS 10.6.7.

Running Eloquent 2.3.1/1934 produces for example the following in Luke 10:15: See Explanatory Notes <a href=”sword://TS2009EN/She%E2%80%99ol”>”She’ol”</a>, the OSIS markup is the following:
$$$Luk10:15
And you, Kephar Naḥum, who are <hi type="bold">exalted to the heaven, shall be brought down to She’ol.</hi><note type="crossReference" n="t" osisID="Luk.10.15!crossReference.t" osisRef="Luk.10.15"> <reference osisRef="Isa.14.13">Isa. 14:13</reference>; <reference osisRef="Isa.14.15">Isa. 14:15</reference></note><note type="explanation">See Explanatory Notes <reference osisRef="TS2009EN:She’ol">"She’ol"</reference>.</note>

Or
For Luke 10:28 it shows the following: <a href=passagestudy.jsp? action=showRef&type=scripRef&value=1Cor.8.6&module=”1Cor. 8:6</a>;<a href=passagestudy.jsp? action=showRef&type=scripRef&value=Eph.4.6&module=”>Eph. 4:6</a>; <a href=passagestudy.jsp? action=showRef&type=scripRef&value=Mar.12.29-Mar12.34&module=”Mar. 12:29-34</a>, the OSIS markup is as follows:
$$$Luk10:28
And He said to him, “You have answered rightly. <hi type="bold">Do this and you shall live.”</hi><note type="crossReference" n="t" osisID="Luk.10.28!crossReference.t" osisRef="Luk.10.28"> <reference osisRef="Lev.18.5">Lev. 18:5</reference></note><note type="explanation">See <reference osisRef="Mat.19.17">Mat. 19:17</reference>; <reference osisRef="John.12.50">John 12:50</reference>; <reference osisRef="Rev.22.14">Rev. 22:14</reference></note>

Under MacSword 1.4.4 the footnote shows inline (correctly) with the text and the Scriptural reference brings a pop-up window showing the correct verse.

I have screen prints if required.

What am I doing wrong please?

Thank you,

Johan Marais
[May 24, 2011 8:11:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: OSIS in Eloquent

Footnotes are displayed none rendered (plain text) in Eloquent. That means any highlighting or tagging is ignored.
If you send me you module or give a download link I'll do some tests with switching to rendered mode.

Manfred
[May 28, 2011 2:12:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JohanMarais
Regular

Thank you, to which address should I send the module please and should I include screen shots?

I can mention that the module also shows correctly in the AndBible (LG phone), except for the special characters that we use, probably just a font issue.

Johan
[May 29, 2011 3:37:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

I've enabled my mail address here in the forum. You should now see the mail button below each of my posts.

Manfred
[May 30, 2011 11:15:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JohanMarais
Regular

Manfred,

I sent you the file a few minutes ago - thank you for your help.

Johan
[May 31, 2011 10:09:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Sorry for the lack of updates.
I'm pretty busy at the moment but I'll look into this when I have more time.

Manfred
[Jun 6, 2011 12:05:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JohanMarais
Regular

Thank you Manfred.

Johan
[Jun 13, 2011 10:40:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JohanMarais
Regular

Manfred,

How do you progress on this issue please?

Johan
[Jul 7, 2011 7:47:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Well, it actually was implemented in v2.3.4. But only the preview panel shows the HTML representation, the tooltip is cannot show any text markups.

Manfred
[Jul 7, 2011 11:51:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JohanMarais
Regular

Good evening,

Please refer to your answer in "Footnotes Gone in Version 2.3.4/2021", will that fix also solve my problem mentioned above?

Thank you,

Johan
[Sep 12, 2011 9:33:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread